New here, some questions and observations

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Re: New here, some questions and observations

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Brad D wrote:
LostInTheMovies wrote:Whoops, I never finished my previous thought about Coop (or rather, I guess, "the good Dale") getting out of the Lodge. I meant to say, however it happens I think it will be a result of actions or decisions he makes, not being rescued by someone else (though others can assist in his escape).
I always liked Engels' version of Truman and Mike "driving backwards through time" or something, so in my mind I picture an escape scene - but I'm pretty sure that's out the door now. I look at the situation as Coop suspended in time and space, and he can't get out on his own devices. But that's just my opinion. Gah I can't wait!
Only reason I think Coop will have to play a role in his own escape is that dramatically, it would make him a more active character which I think he'll have to be. But in terms of the rules of the Lodge, yeah, anything's up for grabs. It's amazing how much of what we assume about the Lodge (even figuring out when we're actually inside it) is simply conjecture and educated guess. The whole concept remains so vaguely defined that Lynch & Frost are pretty much free to do almost anything they want in 2016!