Disc 2 Menus Contain Killer Reveal in Menu

Discussion of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
dugpa
Site Admin

Disc 2 Menus Contain Killer Reveal in Menu

Postby dugpa » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:31 pm

Today it was pointed out to me that the Disc 2 Menu features a clip of the Killer revealed.

For those watching Twin Peaks for the very first time, this seems rather inappropriate.

I remember that a similar thing was done on the Season 1 Extras.

What do you all think?
Parkamarka

Postby Parkamarka » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:14 am

They do reveal who it is, but it's a split second and it really isn't clear what's going on. I can imagine anyone who hadn't seen the murder scene probably wouldn't put it all together, unless they're extremely perceptive.

Still, lots of DVDs do contain needless plot spoilers on the packaging and menus. Considering how many of the people who buy these boxsets are watching the shows for the first time, it's very inconsiderate.
Brad D

Postby Brad D » Wed May 02, 2007 1:27 pm

i noticed that and thought it was kinda crappy they used that on the menu, but whatever.
sloclub

Postby sloclub » Tue May 15, 2007 3:14 am

Sounds like a lot of dang fool sloppiness to me.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.

Return to “Twin Peaks”