Lynch concert in LA - w/Julee Cruise, Chrysta Bell, etc.!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Lynch concert in LA - w/Julee Cruise, Chrysta Bell, etc.!

Post by TheArm »

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/02/d ... e-concert/

Just bought tix; freaking out, I'm so excited!!

All your favorite musicians are playing a tribute concert to David Lynch
BY MICHELLE GESLANION FEBRUARY 10, 2015, 1:45PM

Renowned director, actor, and musician David Lynch is celebrating the 10th anniversary of his nonprofit foundation with a star-studded concert event this spring.

Set to take place on April 1st (no, this isn’t a joke) at the Theatre at the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, “The Music of David Lynch” promises “performances and interpretations” of Lynch’s catalog by acts like My Morning Jacket’s Jim James, Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ Karen O, and The Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne and Steve Drozd. Other guests include Duran Duran, Sky Ferreira, Moby, Zola Jesus, Angelo Badalamenti, Chrysta Bell, and Tennis.

All proceeds for the concert will benefit the David Lynch Foundation, which has worked to bring “transcendental meditation to at-risk populations suffering from PTSD.” Tickets can be purchased here.

The nonprofit has presented similar fundraisers in the past, such as 2009’s “Change Begins Within” featuring Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder and a special Nashville concert headlined by Jack White and Brendan Benson. It has also since launched its own charity-based label called Transcendental Music.

And Ticketfly's website lists the performers as: ANGELO BADALAMENTI, CHRYSTA BELL, DONOVAN, DURAN DURAN, JIM JAMES, JULEE CRUISE, KAREN O, KINNY LANDRUM, MOBY, ROB MATHES, SKY FERREIRA, TENNIS, TWIN PEAKS, WAYNE COYNE AND STEVEN DROZD OF THE FLAMING LIPS, ZOLA JESUS, PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
CooperDog

Re: Lynch concert in LA - w/Julee Cruise, Chrysta Bell, etc.

Post by CooperDog »

Excited for those that will get the chance to attend such an unbelievable concert experience!

I have thought for years that there may be a market for a Twin Peaks/Lynch/Badalamenti Tour. If this event shows promise, I could see something happening along with/following Season 3. Not sure if this should move over into the "Music" forum, but can you imagine the possibilities for "Twin Peaks Live!"?
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

This looks fantastic; I cross-posted it to Live Journal. Thanks!!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Silas73

Post by Silas73 »

My friend is an event planner and he also told me about this event. At weekends he usually takes me out to attend best NYC events and that is really fun. I really enjoy being on such events.
Last edited by Silas73 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Silas73 wrote:My friend is an event planner and he also told me about this event. At weekends he usually takes me out to attend best NYC events and that is really fun. I really enjoy being on such events.
"Best NYC events"? You don't say! And you signed up for a Dugpa account just for this...lol.