Sparkwood and 21 Podcast

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
StealThisCorn
Location: Laying on Laura's lap in the Red Room / Gorging on garmonbozia with Bob Above the Convenience Store

Sparkwood and 21 Podcast

Postby StealThisCorn » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:02 pm

Hey all, I just want to give a shout out to a really good Twin Peaks podcast I've been enjoying listening to called Sparkwood and 21 Podcast from the No Ship Network (http://www.noship.net/twin-peaks.html). Like many TP podcasts, they are reviewing every episode of the series and the film in order, but, uniquely, they are not spoiler free which gives them the freedom to talk about all the connections that exist throughout the series and to the film. They have a firm, non-linear grasp on the many storylines, characters and plot threads and enjoy taking little side tangents and dissecting meaning from them. They had some particularly insightful commentary on characters like Dr. Jacoby and Harold Smith, for example. Their emphasis is definitely on analyzing the story and the characters within it in terms of the fictional reality of their own world and, just above that, some of the the real world inspiration, coincidences, conception and compromises that lead to how that story plays out. Which is exactly how I like to approach Twin Peaks. They get into the kinds of minutiae that sometimes only we at dugpa can appreciate. They also welcome listener feedback and just recorded their Episode 14 commentary so still plenty of the series left to get in on.

I'm not in any way affiliated with the production of the podcast, other than being a fan of the show and frequent feedbacker. But I know they could use more listeners and reviews, so please check it out. There are lot of Twin Peaks podcasts going on right now, but this one is, without a doubt, my favorite one currently running.

The show is available to download online, on Itunes and Stitcher.
ctakim

Re: Sparkwood and 21 Podcast

Postby ctakim » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:30 am

Found this podcast too and I also find it to be an articulate and insightful discussion of Twin Peaks and David Lynch in general. And it is great to be hearing these in real time!! Totally agree with the above assessment.
HyacinthBucket

Postby HyacinthBucket » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Thanks for the share, I look forward to listening to these!
Ferguson

Postby Ferguson » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:57 pm

Another really good podcast in Fire Talk With Me.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”