The Cappy Appreciation Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Smiling Bag
Roadhouse Member

The Cappy Appreciation Thread

Post by Smiling Bag »

Since I am hitting refresh on my browser every 2 minutes on this forum every day since Easter, I had to focus on something else.......So, drum roll, it is the Cappy Appreciation Thread.

Cappy's 2 major tasks to my knowledge were:

Getting clocked in the head by a girl (Jones) while trying to guard Harry
Going off to dig up all he can on the Dugpas......(While looking lost and confused).

So as I find myself wanting to appreciate Cappy more as the title of the thread says but I wonder:

Who is he?
Why is he?

Is he a Bookhouse Boy? Another deputy? Richard Hoover's cousin who needed some quick cash?

Ponder it.........Dream about it......But please enlighten me.

Oh and if we don't get Season 3 REAL news soon, I am going to start fasting or something or maybe just drink a lot.......
garethw
RR Diner Member

Re: The Cappy Appreciation Thread

Post by garethw »

The first 18 times I saw the series, I thought he was called "Cathy".

It was a very confusing time.
AgentCoop
Roadhouse Member

Post by AgentCoop »

Cappy is a Bookhouse Boy and he has a very rich and interesting life that occurs entirely offscreen. For example, he once made fun of James' singing voice. James cried.
I'm an admin for The Genius Of David Lynch, Facebook's best DL group. Hit us up to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1374245592894483/
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

This is the best thread on this board.
StealThisCorn
RR Diner Member
Location: Laying on Laura's lap in the Red Room / Gorging on garmonbozia with Bob Above the Convenience Store

Post by StealThisCorn »

I always got the feeling that Cappy the Bookhouse Boy looked up to and idolized Harry Truman and so tried to perm his hair like Harry's. He really looks like Harry in the background with a leather jacket.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I don't think Cappy is the Bookhouse boy that gets clocked by Jones. Cappy's hair is way curlier. We do see Cappy briefly though (with Joey Paulson) when Cooper brings Audrey to the Bookhouse after the rescue.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/