Missing Pieces subtitles

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

lindseylee

Missing Pieces subtitles

Post by lindseylee »

Can anyone who bought the box set outside of the US or UK confirm whether their sets have burned in English subtitles in the Missing Pieces Red Room scenes?
lindseylee

Re: Missing Pieces subtitles

Post by lindseylee »

Anyone?
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

I'm afraid I've only seen it on YouTube as I don't have a blu-ray player, but those scenes had subs in the version I watched. Weirdly, when I saw FWWM in the cinema recently there were no subs in the entire film, so the lengthy pink room scene had pretty much unintelligible dialogue throughout, and I suppose ppl watching the film for the 1st time are just supposed to intuit that he's saying "garmanbozia" at the end (and what that means). I wonder if anyone has any info about this version - is it a deliberate choice?
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Dalai Cooper wrote:I'm afraid I've only seen it on YouTube as I don't have a blu-ray player, but those scenes had subs in the version I watched. Weirdly, when I saw FWWM in the cinema recently there were no subs in the entire film, so the lengthy pink room scene had pretty much unintelligible dialogue throughout, and I suppose ppl watching the film for the 1st time are just supposed to intuit that he's saying "garmanbozia" at the end (and what that means). I wonder if anyone has any info about this version - is it a deliberate choice?
In Lynch on Lynch, he says he wanted the subtitles. But I feel like I read somewhere else that he went back and forth on it, hence the difference with the UK prints. It's always hard to take Lynch's statements at face-value since his memory often seems to be shaky (see the Wild at Heart anecdotes). I have to think, though, that the non-subtitled prints were an accident because "pain and sorrow" is such an important reveal and I can't see him hemming and hawwing on it once it he finally committed to it.
lindseylee

Post by lindseylee »

Thanks. Was hoping someone who had purchased the set outside of UK or US could confirm.
tausendsassa
Roadhouse Member

Post by tausendsassa »

lindseylee wrote:Can anyone who bought the box set outside of the US or UK confirm whether their sets have burned in English subtitles in the Missing Pieces Red Room scenes?
Mine does, it's the German version (probably identical to the rest of the world).