Sleeper host

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BlackOwl

Sleeper host

Post by BlackOwl »

Hi, first post.
Ok, so I was thinking about Coopers fate in upcoming TP revival. We all know that now he hosts BOB.
What if he was host for him for those 25 years, but BOB was somehow inactive? Sleeping inside of him and waiting that 25 years just to start his wrongdoings? It's only one thing that I can think of that will make sense. They can't just not to mention him in the book, and with BOB sleeping inside of him he will seem normal, and show will deal with BOB's awakening and stuff that it will trigger.
Sorry for errors, english isn't my first language.
lilyofthevalley

Re: Sleeper host

Post by lilyofthevalley »

Or he could be like Leland and just act "normal" in front of other people and hide all of his wrong doings. Didn't this kind of happen in the end scene? As he acted normal in front of Sheriff Truman and then just freaked out alone in the bathroom? BOB seems to know how to act "societally normal" in front of others if he has to because he's a huge manipulator.
euro
Roadhouse Member

Post by euro »

I think the Evil Coop is sitting in an asylum like Windowm Earle and with the beginning of Season 3 he will escape.
Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me
BlackOwl

Post by BlackOwl »

lilyofthevalley wrote:Or he could be like Leland and just act "normal" in front of other people and hide all of his wrong doings. Didn't this kind of happen in the end scene? As he acted normal in front of Sheriff Truman and then just freaked out alone in the bathroom? BOB seems to know how to act "societally normal" in front of others if he has to because he's a huge manipulator.
I was thinking about that - if he will unleash his dark side, anything wrong that would happen would be automatically pinned to Cooper - Truman knows that he was in a place, where Leland was, so he would assume something is wrong with Coop
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

BlackOwl wrote:We all know that now he hosts BOB.
I disagree. Lynch has said that good Coop is in the lodge. It is the doppelganger that got out. I'm not the only one who knows Lynch said that in the past, right?
BlackOwl

Post by BlackOwl »

jlyon1515 wrote:
I disagree. Lynch has said that good Coop is in the lodge. It is the doppelganger that got out. I'm not the only one who knows Lynch said that in the past, right?
Ok, my fault, I assumed doppelganger=possesed by BOB.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

BlackOwl wrote:
jlyon1515 wrote:
Ok, my fault, I assumed doppelganger=possesed by BOB.
I've read the Lynch comment, but I don't have it handy. I think it's basically both the Coop doppelganger with a side of BOB. Coop's bad side being loose means that BOB can enter or otherwise partake, even if BOB is only a metaphor. After all, we do see BOB in Coop's reflection.
Bad_Cooper_and_BOB.gif
Bad_Cooper_and_BOB.gif (844.95 KiB) Viewed 14024 times
Kmkmiller
Roadhouse Member

Post by Kmkmiller »

Fwiw there's two of everything (the Jungian thing) in the lodge, theres a Laura who is calm and smiling, a Laura who climbs over furniture (who also climbs over furniture?) and screams into the camera.

There's a Leland who didn't kill anyone. Take that at face value. That Leland did not kill anyone.

Anyways, just think it goes without saying theres two Coops.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Here are a couple of relevant quotes (from separate interviews) from Lynch on Lynch:
INTERVIEWER: So, was Cooper occupied by BOB in the script before you changed it?

LYNCH: No, but Coop wasn’t occupied by BOB. Part of him was. There are two Coops in there, and the one that came out was, you know, with BOB.
INTERVIEWER: Why was Cooper possessed by Bob at the end? It seems like he’s lost it.

LYNCH: Well the thing is he hasn’t been possessed. It’s the doppelganger thing, the idea of two sides to everyone, he’s really up against himself.
lilyofthevalley

I wonder what the "evil side" of Coop is even like...I am so curious. Because Coop is just so nice and gentle. I mean he's literally a boy scout. So, this is going to be interesting to see for me in terms of character development,etc...because I am actually pretty fascinated with Coop are a character. He seems to have intense guilty complexes much like Laura and has way too much black and white thinking. Comes out a lot in the book about him.
Ygdrasel
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ygdrasel »

lilyofthevalley wrote:I wonder what the "evil side" of Coop is even like...I am so curious. Because Coop is just so nice and gentle. I mean he's literally a boy scout. So, this is going to be interesting to see for me in terms of character development,etc...because I am actually pretty fascinated with Coop are a character. He seems to have intense guilty complexes much like Laura and has way too much black and white thinking. Comes out a lot in the book about him.
All you need to know about good Coop VS. evil Coop is right here.

Also evil Coop probably prefers tea.
Twin Peaks has layers, man. Twin Peaks is an onion. 8)
lilyofthevalley

AHAHAH!! Thats great.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Ygdrasel wrote:
lilyofthevalley wrote:I wonder what the "evil side" of Coop is even like...I am so curious. Because Coop is just so nice and gentle. I mean he's literally a boy scout. So, this is going to be interesting to see for me in terms of character development,etc...because I am actually pretty fascinated with Coop are a character. He seems to have intense guilty complexes much like Laura and has way too much black and white thinking. Comes out a lot in the book about him.
All you need to know about good Coop VS. evil Coop is right here.

Also evil Coop probably prefers tea.
It could be worse. I don't think my heart could take it if evil Coop put cream and sugar in his coffee.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Jasper wrote:Here are a couple of relevant quotes (from separate interviews) from Lynch on Lynch:
INTERVIEWER: So, was Cooper occupied by BOB in the script before you changed it?

LYNCH: No, but Coop wasn’t occupied by BOB. Part of him was. There are two Coops in there, and the one that came out was, you know, with BOB.
INTERVIEWER: Why was Cooper possessed by Bob at the end? It seems like he’s lost it.

LYNCH: Well the thing is he hasn’t been possessed. It’s the doppelganger thing, the idea of two sides to everyone, he’s really up against himself.
Yes. And also... when Lynch re-staged that final scene for FWWM (as seen in the Missing Pieces), he made a deliberate decision to not show BOB staring back at Cooper in the mirror. As if to reinforce the doppelganger concept without highlighting BOB at all. And this version of the scene was filmed for a movie that had a lot of BOB in it, so he certainly could have incorporated BOB into that scene again if he felt it was important.