Which New Actors Would You Cast?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Which New Actors Would You Cast?

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Sure, we all have our favorite actors we'd like to see return, but which new residents do you think would fit our strange and wonderful world?

I was thinking we could post pictures of possibilities before the real thing leaks...

I have to say, the weight of bringing new people in feels quite heavy, and I'm glad it's not up to me.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Re: Which New Actors Would You Cast?

I'll start with a couple of actresses who come to mind, who recently were fantastic on S1 of True Detective.

Michelle Monaghan

And Alexandra Daddario

And, having recently watched as much of his oeuvre as possible, I can't leave the great Ben Mendelsohn out.

Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Here are a couple of younger/youngish actors who are good at playing mean and troubled.

Kyle Gallner, the villain from Veronica Mars, would be my first choice, although I guess he's past the age for high school characters now:

And Richard Harmon also had parts on The Killing and Bates Motel:

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

If Andy and Lucy had a daughter, I'd like her to be played by Juno Temple.

She's a really talented actress and I think she'd fit into the world of Peaks very well.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Interesting. Thanks for pointing Juno out. I'll have to review some of her work.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Interesting. Thanks for pointing Juno out. I'll have to review some of her work.
I've seen her in Magic Magic, Killer Joe and Horns recently. She was excellent in all 3.

I highly recommend the latter to any fan of Twin Peaks. A lot of it reminded me of the early feel of the show.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
awjm

Post by awjm »

I'd love to see Woody Harrilson directed by Lynch. I actually think he's become an amazing actor and somehow suits David Lynch territory. He could also slip into a good guy or bad guy character easily.
WILDSTYLE

Post by WILDSTYLE »

Dirty Beaches as Josie and Harry's secret son (born 1986)

Grimes as Annie and Cooper's secret daughter (born 1989)
Last edited by WILDSTYLE on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
godslonelyman

Post by godslonelyman »

I think I would prefer that Lynch cast relative unknowns for the bulk of the new roles, the less baggage the better, but I’d be on board with casting some of his old guard, like Laura Dern, and Willem Dafoe, and I’d love to see Crispin Glover, Brad Dourif and Dean Stockwell get more work.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Woody does seem like a nice fit for Lynch. Maybe we could just import most of the S1 True Detective cast over? ;)

And I'm always interested in more Crispin Glover.

But honestly, I hope the show isn't mainly Lynch regulars. We need some new blood here or the show risks self parody.

I like the idea of relative unknowns -- although that might make speculating about them too difficult? :?:

Some really interesting choices so far, folks; thanks for posting. Grimes especially seems interesting.

Oh, I should have mentioned my favorite actress right now, Vera Farmiga, who would be perfect for Twin Peaks. But sadly, she's probably too busy with Bates Motel. (Not too sadly, as she's wonderful on it). I'll post a picture of her anyway. :P

Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

I also think Madison Burge (Friday Night Lights and Dexter) might have what it takes for Peaks.

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Woody does seem like a nice fit for Lynch. Maybe we could just import most of the S1 True Detective cast over? ;)
No thanks, I already watched someone else's show.

From the looks of things, most of the original cast will likely appear in some capacity. I have no problem with new people and I expect and welcome them, especially the new generation of TP kids, but expecting the regulars (Kyle, Sheryl Lee, etc.) to mostly step back for big stars from other shows is, IMO, not what Lynch is particularly interested in. The show doesn't have to make itself over, it'll modernize on its own terms.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

N. Needleman wrote:
I have no problem with new people and I expect and welcome them...
So who would you like to see? Who might fit in?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

N. Needleman wrote:From the looks of things, most of the original cast will likely appear in some capacity. I have no problem with new people and I expect and welcome them, especially the new generation of TP kids, but expecting the regulars (Kyle, Sheryl Lee, etc.) to mostly step back for big stars from other shows is, IMO, not what Lynch is particularly interested in. The show doesn't have to make itself over, it'll modernize on its own terms.
I agree. Focusing on a bunch of "fresh faces" would feel like typical Hollywood pandering, and we don't need that. I'm sure there will be a few new/younger characters floating around, and it's likely that will be handled well, and we might even get some new classic characters out of it. Nevertheless, I don't much care about age, and I'm mainly interested in the characters who made Twin Peaks, so I hope they'll be the primary focus.

In terms of new younger characters, I'd prefer complete no-names.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

I think we should try to keep this thread focused on new actors. Obviously many of the old will be returning, and that's great, but one of the biggest unknowns is who will be new. Old actors can be discussed in other threads, so let's not stray off topic here into a debate about the validity of new vs. old.

This thread should simply be posting ideas for who you think might fit in. If you think no one can or should fit in, don't post. :)