New discs to arrive soon! What order to view them in? :)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Cybershaman

New discs to arrive soon! What order to view them in? :)

Post by Cybershaman »

I am currently anxiously awaiting my "The Entire Mystery" Blu-ray set to arrive! It's been ages since I've seen anything TP related. In fact, <looks around nervously and whispers> I have never even watched the entire TV series! :shock: My sister had originally introduced me to the show and while I repeatedly watched FWWM with ravenously abandon, I only saw sporadic episodes of the TV show. Yet I felt like I HAD seen it since I talked about it so much with her. At any rate, I'm curious as to what order I should view my optical treasures in. I am almost of the mind that FWWM can be viewed both before AND after the pilot and series. Also, there is plenty of extra material included as well. Should I sprinkle things throughout the viewing of the series? In short, basically what do you guys think would be the best way to view everything that is contained in that little box I'm waiting for? ;)

PS: I'm also expecting a certain diary to arrive as well. Should I read it at some point before viewing any other material? Should I read it in between the two seasons just like it was released? :)

PSS: I'm also looking for a good used copy of Cooper's book as well. Hopefully I can get that soon too! :D
Speaking from the third eye of the society machine.
The Dream Man
Roadhouse Member

Re: New discs to arrive soon! What order to view them in? :)

Post by The Dream Man »

Well, the mystery is slightly ruined since you've seen FWWM, but still watch the series first, then FWWM, and then you can watch/read whatever you'd like in whatever order you'd like. The "Missing Pieces" are very cool and so is the diary.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Make sure and watch the broadcast version of the Pilot, not the euro version.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Cybershaman wrote:I am currently anxiously awaiting my "The Entire Mystery" Blu-ray set to arrive! It's been ages since I've seen anything TP related. In fact, <looks around nervously and whispers> I have never even watched the entire TV series! :shock: My sister had originally introduced me to the show and while I repeatedly watched FWWM with ravenously abandon, I only saw sporadic episodes of the TV show.
Curious - you don't happen to remember which episodes you've seen, do you? Have you seen the finale? (Obviously you've seen clips if you watched my videos, and probably before that, so you know how it ends - but I assume you've probably heard that at some point; plus FWWM references it, albeit obliquely). What about the reveal episode?

Yeah, at this point I'd just say go straight through the series to get the full effect. I like to watch FWWM afterwards because it just doesn't feel right to me coming first (it's so tonally and stylistically different from the pilot that the transition is really jarring, whereas it flows a little more naturally from the finale). Hell, since you already know how things end up, have watched FWWM and seen many clips you could take my favored approach and watch Missing Pieces BETWEEN the finale & film. I find they make a nice bridge between the worlds of the show and movie, though I seem to be one of the only ones who feels that way!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

LostInTheMovies wrote:you could take my favored approach and watch Missing Pieces BETWEEN the finale & film. I find they make a nice bridge between the worlds of the show and movie, though I seem to be one of the only ones who feels that way!
I knew this was coming when I saw the subject header. :lol:
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Jasper wrote:
LostInTheMovies wrote:you could take my favored approach and watch Missing Pieces BETWEEN the finale & film. I find they make a nice bridge between the worlds of the show and movie, though I seem to be one of the only ones who feels that way!
I knew this was coming when I saw the subject header. :lol:
I can't resist. ;)