Possible SPOILERS: S3 casting & returning actors/characters

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Possible SPOILERS: S3 casting & returning actors/charact

Post by Ross »

Jonah wrote:I just think it would be exciting and fresh to see a cast predominantly middle-aged and elderly. Sometimes it becomes so shallow constantly seeing 20 and 30 somethings and sex appeal being the fuel for all narrative TV. But that's just me. And I acknowledge new faces make sense, I'm just not excited about that angle at all.
I don't disagree with this. But as we know, the youth appeal angle was a huge part of the original. Look no further than the Rolling Stone cover, which is still remembered to this day. You can't underestimate what those young actresses brought to TP.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Like I said a few weeks ago, youth (and beautiful/questing/tortured youth) was always an essential part of TP. I think it should still be, but more than that, I just love the idea of the town as a living, changing, growing place. You can't do that without exploring the new generation, which excites me a lot. I very much hope to see Bobby and Shelly's kids, or Audrey's, raising hell.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
tylergfoster

Post by tylergfoster »

I would like to see younger characters, but I'd prefer they not be the offspring of existing residents. I guess that feels a little lazy to me or something.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I think it's natural. I don't want everyone to have a kid like it's 90210: The Next Generation, but I think some can and should.

I also want to see Harriet Hayward again and I don't care how unlikely that is. Sylvia, Heidi, Johnny and Toad are back!
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

tylergfoster wrote:I would like to see younger characters, but I'd prefer they not be the offspring of existing residents. I guess that feels a little lazy to me or something.
Yes, I agree with this 100%. Though I know some of that will be inevitable, and can and will I'm sure be done well by Lynch/Frost, I'd still much rather see the new, younger characters be sui generis for the most part, taking more after Gidley's Teresa Banks.
LiAnn
Roadhouse Member

Post by LiAnn »

tylergfoster wrote:I would like to see younger characters, but I'd prefer they not be the offspring of existing residents. I guess that feels a little lazy to me or something.
While I agree that fresh blood (i.e. characters who aren't related to any of the TP mainstays) would be nice, I think it's unrealistic to assume that none of the original characters got married and had children. I mean, it's been twenty-five years. For the sake of both authenticity and creativity, I hope we get a mix of both.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Bummer. Sarsgaard confirmed he's NOT in Twin Peaks:

https://soundcloud.com/ewradio/peter-sa ... ks-revival
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

I'm dismayed about this Sarsgaard development. Now, casting information is going to be harder to come by, I fear.

Entertainment Weekly, TV Line, Deadline... these are all highly respected entertainment news outlets, and I don't think they appreciate printing retractions like this one. They're going to be that much more careful in the future about what they report.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

A little more info from the Sarsgaard interview. Today the interviewer said that Sarsgaard told her off air that "a scheduling thing" prevented him from doing Twin Peaks. So it seems he was going to be involved at some point.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

While I appreciated his work in some films, I can't say I was all that hyped for Sarsgaard to begin with. I wasn't sure if he'd end up playing a sort of smarmy possible psychopath - or those kind of roles I know him from (I'm sure he's played a lot of parts with more range in movies I haven't seen) - so the fact that he's not going to be a part of the show doesn't bother me. I'm not all that interested in the new cast to begin with, but Forster I do find intriguing.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

Seems that it's confirmed that Aubrey won't be in the third season...

LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

I continue to hope something will be worked out. But yeah, this doesn't look great right now...

Clearly something went wrong with negotiations and/or communication between her & Lynch/Frost (or Showtime, I guess, but I feel like indications from people in these forums have been that it's Lynch/Frost). I hope it's important enough for everyone involved to get Audrey back that they will work it out.
the haystack
Roadhouse Member

Post by the haystack »

LostInTheMovies wrote:I continue to hope something will be worked out. But yeah, this doesn't look great right now...

Clearly something went wrong with negotiations and/or communication between her & Lynch/Frost (or Showtime, I guess, but I feel like indications from people in these forums have been that it's Lynch/Frost). I hope it's important enough for everyone involved to get Audrey back that they will work it out.
Is there any suspicion of Fenn pulling a Lynch-style bow out? Hoping, perhaps, for a popular protest, and thereby, much-needed attention? I'll admit, I'm questioning her level of motivation.
Log Lady lives
tylergfoster

Post by tylergfoster »

That also could have been her poor attempt at saying "I can't say anything."
MasterMastermind
RR Diner Member

Post by MasterMastermind »

Sherilyn's latest tweets look pretty conclusive, honestly. Vaguetweeting for someone to kiss her ass. Perhaps her adamant stumping for the Cooper/Audrey romance was her way of asking for a lead role.