MUSIC

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rebel
Great Northern Member

MUSIC

Post by Rebel »

hello have thought about posting at Hap's Diner but thought I would post here about music for NEW TP soundtrack please I know I am at the wrong place,but rather post here as more people look at this main post,remove my post,just see a tad response from the the Hap's Diner forum just wanted to name a few bands. The Toadies local Texas band would be great for new tp soundtrack,Midlake, Sarah Jaffe. just off not a local, John Neff I love his music from Mulholland Drive. where are you John Neff? I would name a few more just lemme know if I should post at the Hap's Diner forum,thank you!!!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: MUSIC

Post by Jerry Horne »

I want Angelo Badalamenti and Julee Cruise. That's it.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Post by zeronumber »

Yes to Badalamenti! Julee too!!! Pleeeease!!! (Oh and Nick Cage should cameo and do "the King" just because he can...Imagine that?)

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

YES! Angelo And Julee! Just wanna throw in Leon Bridges also Chris Isaak if it were. but woah yes! Angelo and Julee, make the Twin Peaks new music happen!!!
Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sidgwick »

The thing about Julee Cruise - and yes, in a perfect world, there would be no substitute - isn't her otherworldly, ethereal 'Peaks' singing voice shot to shit?

SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER WARNING

Amanda Seyfried has a lovely singing voice.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Yeah, based on the stories I've heard over the last few years (particularly last year's UK fest) I'd be surprised if Julee Cruise was back, sadly. It's a shame.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

N. Needleman wrote:Yeah, based on the stories I've heard over the last few years (particularly last year's UK fest) I'd be surprised if Julee Cruise was back, sadly. It's a shame.
Why, what happened?
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Panapaok wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:Yeah, based on the stories I've heard over the last few years (particularly last year's UK fest) I'd be surprised if Julee Cruise was back, sadly. It's a shame.
Why, what happened?
If the performance at the UK fest is representative, that means she's lost her singing voice. But one can hope that in a studio it can be manipulated to a better result. Here she is from a 2010 recording. Sounds pretty good, but it's six years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSvp7kH1EsM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I just want it all to be Badalamenti. Although a Lynch composition or two would be fine. The Pink Room & Blue Frank from FWWM are great tracks.

And if Julee has indeed lost her voice, I'm perfectly fine with a new singer in the Roadhouse.

I'm hoping we get some new versions and callbacks to some of the essential tracks from the original series. Would love to hear a new rendition of Audrey's Prayer, for instance. My biggest wish for the music is for them to use the same small group of musicians that made the original so unique. I really hope they don't go orchestral. TP is unique even within Badalamenti's own body of work.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

There a so many tracks from the TP Archive I would love to hear again in the new season. Audrey's Prayer I agree with, but these are my biggest hopes (apart from the obvious ones like LP theme, the Bookhouse Boys, Audrey's Dance etc):

- Dark Mood Woods
- Sneaky Audrey
- Packard's Vibration (The Mill Deal)
- Abstract Mood (Night Bells)
- Mysterioso #1&2
- Solo Percussion
- I'm Hurt Bad
- Birds In Hell
+Theme from TP FWWM

These are essential in creating the moods I'm hoping for next year.
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

I know I'll probably be happy with the outcome of the music seeing as Badalamenti is at the helm, but in an ideal world, I'd really like the following:-

-Mostly Badalamenti new music and score
-Some David Lynch original music i.e Ghost Of Love kind of vibe
-A small smattering of re-recorded original Badalamenti score by the man himself
-A few tracks and hidden gems by artists old and new that fit with the Twin Peaks vibe (I'm thinking Fred Neal's The Dolphin's from The Soprano's when the hairs stand up on your arm and you NEED to find out what that song is).

That's all I want :lol:
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Hallelujah

Post by Hallelujah »

If there were to be new instrumental Badalementi compositions, I would love compositions similar to the FWWM theme, as well as the themes like Dance of the dream man and New shoes, which is an instrumental I love. But how do we know the opening titles will have falling? Even though it would be nice to hear the old theme again, maybe Badalementi will compose a new one? I actually might prefer that, the show subverting its most iconic theme.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Moving through time would be great.. Appropriately placed though :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Dining With Diane
Roadhouse Member

Post by Dining With Diane »

I will be very surprised if some of the original Badalamenti and Julee Cruise tracks from the first seasons aren't used in the new one - the music has always been a part of what ties everything together on the show.

since the new season has some cast in common with Lynch's movies, i think some music in common would fit nicely. some Rebekah Del Rio or Roy Orbison would be quite nice.
http://diningwithdiane.tumblr.com/
Dining with Diane - the food blog of Special Agent Dale Cooper