Halloween 2015 - Twin Peaks style

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Halloween 2015 - Twin Peaks style

Post by Mordeen »

Who's doing Twin Peaks themed decorations/costumes/pumpkins this year? Post your pics!

At the last minute I decided to turn the front of my house into Glastonberry Grove. When the sun sets the red curtains will be lit and visible in the window. I'll post a night picture later.
Attachments
WP_20151031_002.jpg
WP_20151031_002.jpg (626.52 KiB) Viewed 10529 times
Moving Through Time. . .
dud
RR Diner Member

Re: Halloween 2015 - Twin Peaks style

Post by dud »

cool!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Excuse us, folks, for the intrusion, but Sarah here had a message for you that she felt was important...

:arrow: http://vocaroo.com/i/s127IxkV5mkr
trick_or_corn.jpg
trick_or_corn.jpg (444 KiB) Viewed 10487 times
FauxOwl
RR Diner Member

Post by FauxOwl »

Nice work mordeen! I hope someone understood it the reference.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

My photography skills are lacking. It was much better in person. Got four comments that they recognized it from Twin Peaks, all teenagers. There is hope for humanity! One of them even passed the trivia test and identified it as Glastonberry Grove. I awarded her with "take as much candy as you want." Next year I want to turn my garage into the Waiting Room, but the chevron floor is an intimidating undertaking.

-Mordeen
Attachments
Glastonberry House.jpg
Glastonberry House.jpg (796.96 KiB) Viewed 10356 times
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jasper wrote:Excuse us, folks, for the intrusion, but Sarah here had a message for you that she felt was important...

trick_or_corn.jpg
Is that garmoncandia?
Moving Through Time. . .
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Very cool!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

That's a great setup. You should do it again next time, along with the red room garage. That way people can really live the process of going to the grove, then entering the lodge. You could do a stylized (that is to say, sloppy) version of the floor and it would still be cool. Just get one of those cheap rolls of paper that painters put down to protect floors and carpets, then give it the ol' zigzag treatment.

It's serious business. After all, both Michael J. Anderson and Frank Silva were born on Halloween.
Mordeen wrote:
Jasper wrote:Excuse us, folks, for the intrusion, but Sarah here had a message for you that she felt was important...

The attachment trick_or_corn.jpg is no longer available
Is that garmoncandia?
Yes. Yes it is. The amazing thing is that it's really made of corn...syrup.

As for the recording, I've never spoken backwards before. I tried it a number of times and then it started to get too close to regular forward speech, so I had to stop.

YOU STOLE THE CANDY CORN!
MIKE_corn_ring.jpg
MIKE_corn_ring.jpg (117.92 KiB) Viewed 10310 times
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Thanks for the compliments. The Waiting Room garage idea came to me last October when S3 was announced. I wanted to do it this year, but when I started planning it, the cost/logistics became overwhelming. A frame to hang the curtains. . .curtains. . .flooring. . .strobe lights. . .ugh.

My daughter had the best idea in the world though. She said "Hey daddy, you need to put a bowl full of ring pops on a fancy table with a sign that says "Don't take the Ring."

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Mordeen wrote:Thanks for the compliments. The Waiting Room garage idea came to me last October when S3 was announced. I wanted to do it this year, but when I started planning it, the cost/logistics became overwhelming. A frame to hang the curtains. . .curtains. . .flooring. . .strobe lights. . .ugh.

My daughter had the best idea in the world though. She said "Hey daddy, you need to put a bowl full of ring pops on a fancy table with a sign that says "Don't take the Ring."

-Mordeen
Your daughter's suggestion did make me chuckle! :lol: Also, your own little Glastonberry Grove looks fantastic. I'd be tempted to keep that there all year round!
Chester Desmond
Roadhouse Member

Post by Chester Desmond »

That is awesome.
Hang loose, Houlies