First Scene Of New Twin Peaks Series - SPOILERS

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ped
Roadhouse Member

First Scene Of New Twin Peaks Series - SPOILERS

Post by Ped »

Hi all. Seeing how it's a little flat on the spolier/filming side at the moment, I thought we could have a little fun guessing what we think the first scene of the new series will be. I am going to guess what I hope it will be, and what I'm guessing I think it will be.

What I think it will be - New intro and theme tune. Similar to original series but with reshot scenes and a Badalamenti re-recorded version of the original theme tune to bring it into 2015 with burnt down mill featuring.

- Replay of Coopers dream from Ep. 2, emphasising "that gum you like is going to come back in style". Cooper wakes up in a dingy Texas motel. He seems grumpy and weary. Booze bottles scatter the floor, a half naked women (prostitute) is sleeping beside him. He walks to the wash hand basin within the room and washes his face. We see the reflection of BOB. He laughs manically and takes out Diane from his trouser pocket. Returning to Dale Cooper voice "Diane, February 19th 2014, after 25 years, I think it's time to return to the town of Twin Peaks"

What I'm hoping it will be - Same intro as mentioned before.

- Camera focuses on small portable TV. We see an actress declare "I've loved you all my life, but we have to stop all this craziness. We can't be together if we are brother and sister". Cut to actor on TV "Well if I can't have you...no-one will...". Lucy Moran takes a deep inhalation as she watches Invitation To Love in the Twin Peaks Sheriffs Office. Deputy Hawk and Depury Andy are silently playing a game of chess as they sip coffee. Sheriff Truman reads a newspaper and sips coffee. The door to the Sheriffs office bursts open as Lucy is caught by surprise again. Special Agent Dale Cooper stands in the doorway dressed as we have always known him. "Hawk, Andy, Harry. I met the little man from my dream today above a convenience store in Seattle".

Obviously if you're joining in the fun, feel free to set it as a proper script i.e INT. TWIN PEAKS SHERIFF OFFICE. DAY or however it's laid out!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: First Scene Of New Twin Peaks Series - SPOILERS

Post by Mordeen »

This was brought up and touched upon very briefly on pg. 180 of the non-spoiler thread. Below is the message I posted there.

Fade in to a white circle on a white background. The camera pulls back to reveal the circle is one of many buttons on a wall - the classical interior of a padded cell. The camera continues to pull back and a textured black hemisphere comes into view, eclipsing the original button. As the camera pulls back further, the black hemisphere is revealed as hair on a man's head. The camera completes the movement as the full face of Dale Cooper is revealed, but it is the young Cooper of 25 years past. His countenance is grim, his face drawn down in a scowl. Above, out of the shot, a fluorescent light begins flickering. The shot holds for almost a minute as the light flickers, and with each flicker a discreet change overcomes Cooper as he slowly ages. The aging finishes and a woman's voice speaks from off screen. The voice could easily be mistaken for Laura.

"Dale? It's time."

The scowl slowly transforms into a vicious grin. At the bottom of the screen, the words "25 years later" fade in.

Cut to opening credits using new footage and new music.

-Mordeen

Edit: P.S. Nice avatar, btw. Heh.
Moving Through Time. . .
Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

Mordeen wrote:This was brought up and touched upon very briefly on pg. 180 of the non-spoiler thread. Below is the message I posted there.

Fade in to a white circle on a white background. The camera pulls back to reveal the circle is one of many buttons on a wall - the classical interior of a padded cell. The camera continues to pull back and a textured black hemisphere comes into view, eclipsing the original button. As the camera pulls back further, the black hemisphere is revealed as hair on a man's head. The camera completes the movement as the full face of Dale Cooper is revealed, but it is the young Cooper of 25 years past. His countenance is grim, his face drawn down in a scowl. Above, out of the shot, a fluorescent light begins flickering. The shot holds for almost a minute as the light flickers, and with each flicker a discreet change overcomes Cooper as he slowly ages. The aging finishes and a woman's voice speaks from off screen. The voice could easily be mistaken for Laura.

"Dale? It's time."

The scowl slowly transforms into a vicious grin. At the bottom of the screen, the words "25 years later" fade in.

Cut to opening credits using new footage and new music.

-Mordeen

Edit: P.S. Nice avatar, btw. Heh.
Sorry dude. I can't mind reading that post on that thread. Maybe I subliminally took it in without realising it! Mods feel free to close if it has been discussed already.

Great first scene anyhow. I'll be happy if the first thing we see is James Hurley sitting in Ghostwood Forest singing 'Just You' to a Pine Marten!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

It's easy to miss posts in there, and perhaps this topic deserves its own thread.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

FADE IN:

Darkness with a swirling pattern.

SOUND: Whump! Whump! Whump! The sound of a fan spinning on a ceiling.

The swirling image resolves into a distorted ceiling fan. As the camera pulls back, we realise we are looking into an eye. The fan disappears as a bright light makes the eyelid blink. A high-pitched whining is heard. DALE COOPER - for it was his eye – sits up in his bed. He's alone in a dingy motel room. Out of the glow appears the giant.

GIANT: It is happening again. It is happening again.

SOUND: A loud scream cuts through the air.

CUT TO:

COOPER awakens again. The motel room is dark. He glances at a figure lying next to him.

COOP: I have to go back.

A woman's bare arm slides over his chest.

WOMAN: I know.

COOP: I need you to come with me.

WOMAN: I will.

COOP: It's going to be difficult to explain.

WOMAN (laughs gently): Yes. It will.

COOP gets out of bed and starts dressing.

He turns to look at the woman.

COOP: Let's go to Twin Peaks... Laura Palmer.

The woman sits up in the bed and when her face comes into the light, it's the face of LAURA PALMER.

CUT TO:

Opening titles. Lush, full orchestral rendition of the TP theme tune over old and new images of the town, its people and events down the years. The final shot is a CU of the Twin Peaks sign. Population 5,400.3

Camera pulls back as HARRY TRUMAN and HAWK look at the sign.

HARRY (frowning): It's about time they changed that sign. Looks different.

HAWK (pauses and peers at HARRY for a few moments): Yes... I did notice. Definitely different.

HARRY walks away. HAWK opens his wallet and pulls out a photo. It's of him and the other Sheriff's office staff from years earlier. HARRY does indeed look like a different person. HAWK frowns and walks off in the same direction as HARRY.
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

Loved reading these so much I made a video reaction to them - just working on my own first scene(s) -

Ped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ped »

james wrote:Loved reading these so much I made a video reaction to them - just working on my own first scene(s) -

My thread is famous! Haha!

Ach, it's just a bit of craic. Never intended to be taken serious. Here's hoping the new series will be full on John Woo :twisted:
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

james wrote:Loved reading these so much I made a video reaction to them - just working on my own first scene(s) -
The 5,400.3 joke was that the Twin Peaks Access Guide says that the sign is incorrect and that it should read 5,120.1, so I added a few more people!

It's only a bit of fun after all!;)