Heather Graham on WWHL

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

That Gum You Like

Heather Graham on WWHL

Post by That Gum You Like »

Heather appeared on Watch What Happens Live last night. In the after show, she got a call asking if she would be returning to TP. She gave a pretty emphatic "no," but said she was excited to watch it, though.

So, either that settles that, or she's just Sherilyn'ing us.
Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Heather Graham on WWHL

Post by Ross »

Ugh. That sucks if true. I've had a feeling she wouldn't return.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
BlackMoonLilith

Post by BlackMoonLilith »

Not too surprising. I've always felt "How's Annie?" was not a good portent of what was to come.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

With the exception of David Duchovny, I'm thinking Lynch and Frost won't bring back any of the season 2 'post Laura murder' characters. There's too much fan hate there, and that's when things started to fall apart. Heather Graham was maybe the only one who had a shot.
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Regardless of what anyone feels about the ditching of the Cooper/Audrey romance, or even Graham's acting, Annie did become an important part of the plot. Though a very young Graham was thrown into a dysfunctional Twin Peaks whirlwind, I think she had some good moments, especially in the finale. What's more, I really love her brief appearance in FWWM, and her part in the Missing Pieces. I remember quite a while back someone asked (tweeted) Kyle if we'd finally find out the answer to "How's Annie?" in season three, to which he replied with something along the lines of "Count on it." Graham's apparent absence from the third season doesn't mean that we won't find out how Annie's doing, but as alluded to above, it seems increasingly likely the answer may be that she's not doing so hot.

Season three will presumably deal with a Cooper who's not been himself for a quarter century. If Cooper had gotten back to his old self in a 90s season three, or a followup to FWWM, it might be a different story, but as things stand, it does seem that the likelihood of Annie's survival would be severely diminished in the face of a 25-year-long stretch of BAD COOP.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Echoing those who don't mind Graham's dippy Annie (despite the whole thing being a regrettable misstep), I especially think that her spacey, tranked-out portrayal of the character is excellent under lynch's direction. Her single line in fwwm gives me shivers.

Unfortunately, rushed (I won't say lazy) s2 writing made her more of a device than a character, which made her reappearance unlikely - but then you could have said the same about Laura Palmer once.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

I think that either Heather is in and she's just misleading us, or Annie is, unfortunately, dead.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

I thought Annie would probably be dead, but I was hoping she would make a supernatural cameo in the red room or otherwise.

But it's possible she could be lying if her role amounts to something like that, since she wouldn't want to create a false expectation that her character is involved with any significance
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Shloogorgh wrote:but I was hoping she would make a supernatural cameo in the red room
Maybe those solely making cameo's haven't been contacted, like possibly MJA or Carel Struyken
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:With the exception of David Duchovny, I'm thinking Lynch and Frost won't bring back any of the season 2 'post Laura murder' characters. There's too much fan hate there, and that's when things started to fall apart first time around. Heather Graham was maybe the only one who had a shot.
I believe we will see Windom Earle. It has always been my suspicion. The Black Lodge needs a few more inhabitants anyway with all the deaths of their real life actors.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Soolsma wrote:
Shloogorgh wrote:but I was hoping she would make a supernatural cameo in the red room
Maybe those solely making cameo's haven't been contacted, like possibly MJA or Carel Struyken
I'm hoping the Giant and MFAP are more than just cameos. They had small roles in terms of screen time in the original anyway. So it's not as if I'd want or expect them to be in every episode. But I'd hope just as they did in the original series that they play a large role in the story line again.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

WhiteLodge90 wrote: I believe we will see Windom Earle. It has always been my suspicion. The Black Lodge needs a few more inhabitants anyway with all the deaths of their real life actors.
It's certainly possible. Lynch was planning to expand the Windom character on the movies that would follow FWWM and never happened.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote: I believe we will see Windom Earle. It has always been my suspicion. The Black Lodge needs a few more inhabitants anyway with all the deaths of their real life actors.
It's certainly possible. Lynch was planning to expand the Windom character on the movies that would follow FWWM and never happened.
Plus I'm almost positive that Engels said in an interview that one of the earlier versions of the FWWM script had an Earle cameo.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Ross wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Plus I'm almost positive that Engels said in an interview that one of the earlier versions of the FWWM script had an Earle cameo.
I read somewhere where the actor expressed interest. Unless scheduling came up (He is a pretty busy actor now) or money or Lynch not having a role for him then I'd be they could work something out..