Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
User avatar
tausendsassa
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 am

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby tausendsassa » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:34 am

I got my ticket as well, including the bus tour :-) Now I just have to get a plane from Germany.
User avatar
Mordeen
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:03 am
Location: Near Mr. Gerard's Cabin

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby Mordeen » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:41 am

Go to both. This year I'll bet DKL will allow the special guests to leak some exclusive tidbits. Last year's fest he sent a personal message with Catherine Coulson for her to read to the guests. Doesn't seem like much, but it made it clear the Fest was on his radar. Also, with the timing of the end of production rumored to be this spring, I'm betting a good crop of celebrity guests will be available to attend.

Plus, aren't you somewhat local, or am I misremembering?

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
User avatar
tausendsassa
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 am

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby tausendsassa » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:21 pm

Wow, sold out already... that was fast. 10 hours compared to last year's 10 days.
sugarhigh
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby sugarhigh » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:36 pm

This will be my 2nd year attending the TP fest. It's going to be an interesting year with some people wanting to discuss S3 spoilers and those wishing to avoid hearing any spoilers at all.
The bus tour will also be weird driving to Season1 & 2 locations while not acknowledging the new locations from the upcoming season as we're driving by them.
I had fun last year, everyone I met was super nice and I thought the festival was organized and run really well.
User avatar
Mordeen
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:03 am
Location: Near Mr. Gerard's Cabin

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby Mordeen » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:14 pm

sugarhigh wrote:This will be my 2nd year attending the TP fest. It's going to be an interesting year with some people wanting to discuss S3 spoilers and those wishing to avoid hearing any spoilers at all.
The bus tour will also be weird driving to Season1 & 2 locations while not acknowledging the new locations from the upcoming season as we're driving by them.
I had fun last year, everyone I met was super nice and I thought the festival was organized and run really well.

Well, I hope to meet up with folks who are not only willing to check out the new shooting locations, but are also aware of where they are! During the times the fest is between events I hope to get out and see those spots.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
vicksvapor77
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby vicksvapor77 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:51 pm

I missed the boat, right as I decided I would try to do it :( Maybe someone will sell them on eBay eventually? Not sure how common/rare that is.

I will not miss it next year, that's for sure! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Mordeen
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:03 am
Location: Near Mr. Gerard's Cabin

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby Mordeen » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:51 pm

vicksvapor77 wrote:I missed the boat, right as I decided I would try to do it :( Maybe someone will sell them on eBay eventually? Not sure how common/rare that is.

I will not miss it next year, that's for sure! :mrgreen:

Bummer! I was clicking the link for tickets at 11:59 and got in, and by the time I completed the transaction (2 minutes) they had already sold 74 of the 275 that were allocated.

They make a guest list and don't issue actual tickets, possibly to avoid scalping. People who missed out are asking about a stand-by list, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sugarhigh
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby sugarhigh » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Mordeen wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:I missed the boat, right as I decided I would try to do it :( Maybe someone will sell them on eBay eventually? Not sure how common/rare that is.

I will not miss it next year, that's for sure! :mrgreen:

People who missed out are asking about a stand-by list, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

-Mordeen


They made a stand by list last year, that's how I got my ticket. Some people won't be able to make it and I'm sure some tickets will come available at some point.
vicksvapor77
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby vicksvapor77 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:34 pm

sugarhigh wrote:
Mordeen wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:I missed the boat, right as I decided I would try to do it :( Maybe someone will sell them on eBay eventually? Not sure how common/rare that is.

I will not miss it next year, that's for sure! :mrgreen:

People who missed out are asking about a stand-by list, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

-Mordeen


They made a stand by list last year, that's how I got my ticket. Some people won't be able to make it and I'm sure some tickets will come available at some point.


Okay good to know, thank you both! :D
EnableSecret
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:24 pm
Location: In the trees . . .
Contact:

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby EnableSecret » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:50 am

I was trying to rationalize spending money I don't have yet for the 2016 TPF. But y'all saved me the trouble. :P

You lot will have a blast, but it will never be like those lean years when a small group of us carried the torch of Twin Peaks fandom.
User avatar
tausendsassa
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 am

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby tausendsassa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:53 pm

I might get a "Twin Peaks O.G." tattoo before the Fest. ;-)
User avatar
Mordeen
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:03 am
Location: Near Mr. Gerard's Cabin

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby Mordeen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:06 pm

EnableSecret wrote:I was trying to rationalize spending money I don't have yet for the 2016 TPF. But y'all saved me the trouble. :P

You lot will have a blast, but it will never be like those lean years when a small group of us carried the torch of Twin Peaks fandom.

The intimacy of that is, I'm sure, a very unique experience, but I'm actually looking forward to seeing the swell of new fans that will come as a result of Season 3. North Bend/Snoqualmie deserve the resurgence of the tourist revenue, and Twin Peaks deserves to escape cult status. So many people talk about The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones like they innovated television, but you mention Twin Peaks and most people look at you like you just blurted out gibberish.

Further, I'm looking forward to the potential for the Fest to expand in 2017 and beyond. New non-spoiler shooting locations to visit, new possible cast members to attend. . .awesome.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
User avatar
Mordeen
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:03 am
Location: Near Mr. Gerard's Cabin

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby Mordeen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:09 pm

tausendsassa wrote:I might get a "Twin Peaks O.G." tattoo before the Fest. ;-)

Did you have something in mind? I've seen some really great work out there (and some that looked like prison ink, but the dedication is commendable).

The only visible parts of me that I could get TP ink would be limited due to previous tattoos. I've wondered about doing it, but with limited space, the selection would have to be very meaningful and personal.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
User avatar
tausendsassa
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 am

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby tausendsassa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:07 pm

Mordeen wrote:
tausendsassa wrote:I might get a "Twin Peaks O.G." tattoo before the Fest. ;-)

Did you have something in mind? I've seen some really great work out there (and some that looked like prison ink, but the dedication is commendable).

There are some great TP-related tattoos around for sure, but I haven't really considered getting one myself. "Fire walk with me" would be an obvious choice, but then I might lose my arm.

I hope there won't be too much of an "original fan" vs. "hipster"/"too young to have been around when it originally aired" kind of vibe at the TP Fest. Really looking forward to what I am sure will be a fine crowd of different people with at least one common interest.
User avatar
Mordeen
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:03 am
Location: Near Mr. Gerard's Cabin

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Postby Mordeen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:43 pm

I wouldn't take james and his anti-hipster angst too seriously. Anybody who thinks you can't appreciate it because you weren't in at the beginning is just insecure and unrealistically elitist. There's no heirarchy to fandom. It's going to be great.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests