Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Post by Mordeen »

My wife and I are coming with our two kids. This will be our first time. We're really excited and are looking forward not only to seeing the sights, staying at the Great Northern, and meeting some of the celebrity guests, but also meeting some other fanatics of the show!

Who else here is planning to go?

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Planning to attend the 2016 Twin Peaks Fest?

Post by Jerry Horne »

http://www.twinpeaksfest.com/

July 22nd-24th, 2016

FEST IS SOLD OUT.

Guests:

-Russ Tamblyn
-Wendy Robie
-Kimmy Robertson
-Gary Bullock
-Charlotte Stewart
-Bonnie Aarons
-Laura Harring
-John Neff
-Julee Cruise
-Jonny Leppell
-Connie Woods
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
tausendsassa
Roadhouse Member

Post by tausendsassa »

Any guesses yet about potential celebrity guests?
EnableSecret
Roadhouse Member

Post by EnableSecret »

Not sure I am ready to deal with larger crowds that will be on the heels of the new peaks. I'll get that 13th Fest attended one of these days. :)
CooperDog

Post by CooperDog »

EnableSecret wrote:Not sure I am ready to deal with larger crowds that will be on the heels of the new peaks. I'll get that 13th Fest attended one of these days. :)
If you want to try something different on the East Coast, you could do worse than:

http://thegreatsouthern-richmond.com/
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

what the hell
been three times before earlier on
why not i'm 49 wtf just do it

but i hated the interior of the salish lodge
it's so contrary to what you want but

maybe the mt si motel :lol: :lol: :lol: (is it still there?)
no i'll do the salish again

i'm coming alone though and that's so fine with me
that's where i'm at in life

i don't have to be attached
i can be an explorer

HOLY
/Rant
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
tausendsassa
Roadhouse Member

Post by tausendsassa »

EnableSecret wrote:Not sure I am ready to deal with larger crowds that will be on the heels of the new peaks. I'll get that 13th Fest attended one of these days. :)
I am also not too keen on larger crowds, and I haven't attended the Twin Peaks Fest in Snoqualmie yet. How many people are usually attending the TP Fest? Do you think they'll open up the TP Fest to "larger crowds" due to the current interest in the show?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

tausendsassa wrote:
I am also not too keen on larger crowds, and I haven't attended the Twin Peaks Fest in Snoqualmie yet. How many people are usually attending the TP Fest? Do you think they'll open up the TP Fest to "larger crowds" due to the current interest in the show?
From what I've read on the TP Fest site they've changed venues and made some additional adjustments that appear to be designed to accommodate a larger crowd. While clearly some folks are looking for a more intimate experience, I'm actually really excited to be going for the first time and looking forward to the larger group. It's a great opportunity to meet fellow fans from all around, and the electricity will be intense, especially if they get a good batch of cast members that are returning for Season 3.

The 2017 TP fest will be a blowout with the show having just aired, and I'll have moved to Montana by then so it'll be even easier to get to that one.

I'm hoping as we get closer to this year's fest that people from here on Dugpa will be willing to meet up and reveal ourselves to one another.

It's going to be a blast.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Tickets acquired. Sweet.

See you in the trees!

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
sparco1979
Roadhouse Member

Post by sparco1979 »

Got my ticket today - cant wait!

travelling from Glasgow Scotland
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

sparco1979 wrote:Got my ticket today - cant wait!

travelling from Glasgow Scotland
That's fantastic! My wife and I were going to honeymoon in Scotland but I fell ill on our wedding night (nice timing) and we had to cancel the whole trip. Is this your first visit to the US?

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

I can't decide if I want to go. I missed the bus tour tickets and I've never gone. Should I wait for 2017? What do you guys think? I don't even understand what the activities are, the website offers little details.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I just wish i could attend the fest but i live thousands of miles away. :(
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

vicksvapor77 wrote:I can't decide if I want to go. I missed the bus tour tickets and I've never gone. Should I wait for 2017? What do you guys think? I don't even understand what the activities are, the website offers little details.
The activities include dinner/meet & greet w/celebrity guests, signings, the bus tour (you could just drive a car and stalk the buses if you wanted to), the costume contest, a picnic with the celebrity guests, and all sorts of other stuff. The old website actually provided much more info, but they just relaunched it and admittedly it needs to be more comprehensive. I'd just do it if I were you. It's almost sold out. DO IT!

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Mordeen wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:I can't decide if I want to go. I missed the bus tour tickets and I've never gone. Should I wait for 2017? What do you guys think? I don't even understand what the activities are, the website offers little details.
The activities include dinner/meet & greet w/celebrity guests, signings, the bus tour (you could just drive a car and stalk the buses if you wanted to), the costume contest, a picnic with the celebrity guests, and all sorts of other stuff. The old website actually provided much more info, but they just relaunched it and admittedly it needs to be more comprehensive. I'd just do it if I were you. It's almost sold out. DO IT!

-Mordeen
Thank you for the response! Gah I'm so torn! I am thinking maybe 2017 will be better cause I can ask the actors about what has aired in the new season and get their take on stuff.