Charlotte Stewart book title change?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dl_fan
Roadhouse Member

Charlotte Stewart book title change?

Post by dl_fan »

The title was "Little House on the Prairie, Eraserhead & Twin Peaks walk into a bar" with an April 1, 2016 release date.

https://twitter.com/ThatsOurWaldo/statu ... 6688351232

Now it's "Little House in the Hollywood Hills: A Bad Girl's Guide to Becoming Miss Beadle, Mary X & Me" with a June 2016 release.

https://twitter.com/RealCharStewart/sta ... 3429881856

I was hoping for a lot of Twin Peaks content, but it doesn't look like it now? Does anyone have more info?
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Re: Charlotte Stewart book title change?

Post by hopesfall »

She's been one of the hardcore attendees of the TP Fest (around 11-12 appearances I think?), and is apparently so openly friendly and keen to discuss her experiences on the show to all who are interested, so I can't imagine she'll be missing things out of her book that are Twin Peaks related. Perhaps either herself or the publishers didn't want to just have the book pigeon-holed for Twin Peaks fans only or something? I'm not sure. I'll be reading it though!
sugarhigh
Roadhouse Member

Post by sugarhigh »

hopesfall wrote:She's been one of the hardcore attendees of the TP Fest (around 11-12 appearances I think?), and is apparently so openly friendly and keen to discuss her experiences on the show to all who are interested, so I can't imagine she'll be missing things out of her book that are Twin Peaks related. Perhaps either herself or the publishers didn't want to just have the book pigeon-holed for Twin Peaks fans only or something? I'm not sure. I'll be reading it though!
At last years fest, Charlotte walked in to the lobby at the banquet and immediately began approaching people to say hello. She even walked right up to me as I was in line for a beer and introduced herself. Down to Earth 100%
But I do remember her announcing her book title that night as "Little House on the Prairie, Eraserhead & Twin Peaks walk into a bar".
A salamander spit donuts.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

i really prefer the original title
kitschy as hell :)
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
dl_fan
Roadhouse Member

Post by dl_fan »

hopesfall wrote:She's been one of the hardcore attendees of the TP Fest (around 11-12 appearances I think?), and is apparently so openly friendly and keen to discuss her experiences on the show to all who are interested, so I can't imagine she'll be missing things out of her book that are Twin Peaks related. Perhaps either herself or the publishers didn't want to just have the book pigeon-holed for Twin Peaks fans only or something? I'm not sure. I'll be reading it though!
Yeah, here's hoping she includes her Twin Peaks experiences. She was at the 2009 TP Fest I attended; she was wonderful! I will be getting her book regardless of the title...