Wrapped in Plastic

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

John;

I remember something about a poster in the b.g. that you couldn't get rights for? And that you had to reshoot your Q and A with Mark Frost? What poster was it?

I was at the Paramount Theater for INLAND EMPIRE and had my eyes peeled for anyone I might recognize. But the theater was very crowded, natch, and I was sitting with a pretty girl. Sorry only DL might possibly rate above a pretty girl.

sloclub
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

if it is all possible, can someone post the entire feature interview with frank silva on the cover? i read a piece of it and it was very intriguing.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

So much behind the scenes Peaks info is known because of Wrapped In Plastic. A lot of this stuff would make for great Pop-Up factoids in any future Twin Peaks DVD set. Whoever the DVD producers may be on this future set, the WIP boys did all their homework for them over the past several years.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Hi,

I'm new here and from Germany.

On the German Issue of the Second Season Part 2 is something written about rare extra material from the WIP Guys. So that's a mistake I guess, isn't it?
John

Post by John »

sloclub,

I believe the poster in the b.g. was a French or Italian FWWM poster. Lawyers apparently reviewed the video, said they didn't know if they had rights to the image, and so we had to do our part of the interview over. (The other option was to blur the image, which, in retrospect, was a better idea.) We did not know they were going to tell viewers that we were re-doing our half of the interview. We earnestly tried to re-create the conversation. I think if the DVD producers hadn't spilled the beans, no one would ever know. But they let everyone in on the secret and the whole thing became a farce.

Frank and GeekBoyEric74,

The producers of the new DVDs did approach us for help. We expected to be involved to some extent, but nothing ever came of it. I suppose they may still ask for help on the complete set but I think it's getting a little late for that. So no, we did not contribute to the second set.

John