Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

Discussion of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
laughingpinecone

Re: Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

Postby laughingpinecone » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:18 pm

AXX°N N. wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:Seeing the Showtime Tumblr regurgitate a ton of giphy gifs tagged using the wrong episode number (counting the pilot as 1x01) AND the German titles is a special kind of hell :| send help :|

Not quite as bad as their twitter timeline commenting on the whole Leland falling on the coffin scene as 'lol that was so WEIRd and AWKWArd lol xDDD.'

Seeing classic Twin Peaks passed through the sieve of modern, fractured net aesthetic sure is something.

Secondhand embarrassment is putting it mildly, I cannot go through my Twitter feed when the episodes are on... I've seen some quality Twin Peaks memeing and gif usage and that is not it.
Admittedly, in my limited experience, the bar is very low when it comes to this kind of content from official accounts, but still...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Panapaok

Postby Panapaok » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:02 am

Yeah, the gif live tweeting they do makes me cringe a bit.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Tony Franciosa

Postby Tony Franciosa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:15 am

They should have given control of their social media to someone over the age of 35. This millenial-ization of the show's Twitter feed is awful. I had to unsubscribe. I figure any breaking news that comes from them will be disseminated elsewhere anyway.
Dalai Cooper

Postby Dalai Cooper » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:16 am

lol I'm not convinced they aren't over 35 tbh, in part because their social media game is so poor
laughingpinecone

Postby laughingpinecone » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:29 am

Dalai Cooper wrote:lol I'm not convinced they aren't over 35 tbh, in part because their social media game is so poor

Seconded. It's not what they are doing, it's that they're doing it awfully.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
AXX°N N.

Postby AXX°N N. » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Dalai Cooper wrote:lol I'm not convinced they aren't over 35 tbh, in part because their social media game is so poor

Exactly. It's the 'How do you do, fellow kids?' Buscemi meme writ large.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Panapaok

Postby Panapaok » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:00 am

This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.

Return to “Twin Peaks”