Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Post by krishnanspace »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
It is happening again!!!All the above mentioned services are streaming services right?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

So... What could this mean for the premiere date? How much time would they leave for new viewers to binge it and keep the momentum going for the new episodes?
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:Full press release:

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/showtim ... w?id=46497
I wonder if that is instead of a rebroadcast?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Can someone please post the full press release because I can't access it from my country?
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Interesting it doesn't mention FWWM at all.

Here is the release for those who can't see it:

SHOWTIME CELEBRATES THE HOLIDAYS BY OFFERING ITS SUBSCRIBERS THE FIRST TWO SEASONS OF TWIN PEAKS

The Groundbreaking Original Series TWIN PEAKS Will Be Available On December 26

On The SHOWTIME Streaming Service, SHOWTIME On Demand® and SHOWTIME ANYTIME®

The Oscar® and Golden Globe®-Nominated Film Blue Velvet Directed By David Lynch Available Now

Photo: Courtesy of Twin Peaks Productions

NEW YORK – November 21, 2016 – SHOWTIME is offering viewers the opportunity to binge watch the groundbreaking original series TWIN PEAKS over the holidays, starting on December 26 on the SHOWTIME streaming service, SHOWTIME On Demand and SHOWTIME ANYTIME. Every episode of the original series will be made available to subscribers in advance of the new TWIN PEAKS premiere in 2017 on SHOWTIME. The network is also offering across its platforms the iconic noir film Blue Velvet, written and directed by David Lynch and starring Kyle MacLachlan, Isabella Rossellini, Dennis Hopper and Laura Dern.

Directed entirely by David Lynch, the new SHOWTIME series picks up twenty-five years after the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town were stunned when their homecoming queen Laura Palmer was shockingly murdered. TWIN PEAKS is written and executive produced by series creators David Lynch and Mark Frost, and is produced by Sabrina S. Sutherland.

SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon and Google. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. For more information on TWIN PEAKS, visit SHO.com and YouTube or join the conversation using the #TwinPeaks. For more information on Blue Velvet visit: SHO.com.

# # #

Contacts:

Aly Sands Nicole Elice Amanda Cary

212-708-1516 310-234-5218 212-708-1593

Alysia.sands@showtime.net nicole.elice@showtime.net amanda.cary@showtime.net

@SHO_PR
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

So yeah, that doesn't really mean anything about the release date of the new series, since they probably scrapped the idea of a rebroadcast and they'll just make the original series available on their streaming services. Cool news nonetheless. With the official merchandise news and this announcement, they are starting to lay the ground for other big announcements such as the release date, the episode count and promotional material. A path is formed by laying one stone at a time. :)
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Clueless
Roadhouse Member

Post by Clueless »

Panapaok wrote:So yeah, that doesn't really mean anything about the release date of the new series, since they probably scrapped the idea of a rebroadcast and they'll just make the original series available on their streaming services. Cool news nonetheless. With the official merchandise news and this announcement, they are starting to lay the ground for other big announcements such as the release date, the episode count and promotional material. A path is formed by laying one stone at a time. :)
Yeah I expect the 26th and afterwards to be when I will let myself realistically expect new season promotion to be coming out. Heh, first time I've been counting the days until Christmas since I was a kid.
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Full press release:

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/showtim ... w?id=46497
I wonder if that is instead of a rebroadcast?
I doubt it. Generally anything that's available on Showtime on demand platforms is also broadcast periodically on their various channels. They kind of go hand in hand.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ha, exactly on my birthday
Jaipeur

Post by Jaipeur »

Do you think this means the series is being removed from Netflix?

First time poster, hello Dugpa :)
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Jaipeur wrote:Do you think this means the series is being removed from Netflix?

First time poster, hello Dugpa :)
Hello there! :)

I was just thinking about that, I bet it will be removed from Netflix
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

1st post, long time lurker and big fan.

Any chance anyone here knows how someone can watch Showtime in Canada? on TV, not online if possible.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

So yeah...I just feel even more confused now about whether or not they will rebroadcast it in any sort of "event" format (like one a day, in order), leading up to the new series. They made that a part of their original announcement, and when Nevins responded to my email he said they would be rerunning it early next year (that was in May). Of course they could have just changed their minds. It does seem odd that they'd make it available on their streaming service long before re-airing it - wouldn't scarcity maximize their ratings? - but I'm hoping we here something specific soon, one way or the other. I still think it's a nice hook back into the show: people watch things at their own pace and at whatever time they want on streaming, but when something pops up on TV (even if it's available elsewhere) it can be more of a communal thing. Plus there are older viewers who don't really watch anything on streaming, though I'm not sure what demographics they're seeking for the new Twin Peaks.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

I mean technically putting it on-demand is "airing" it, isn't it? You're watching it on your TV and it's on Showtime. May just be semantics.