Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1812
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby mtwentz » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:Is the Season Two marathon happening? I don't see it on the schedule?


Feb. 20-21
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
User avatar
OK,Bob
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby OK,Bob » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:42 pm

mtwentz wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Is the Season Two marathon happening? I don't see it on the schedule?


Feb. 20-21

That's what was originally announced. Jerry's point is that it's no longer on their schedule ( http://www.sho.com/schedule?date=2017-02-20 ) and no mention on the Peaks page.


Instead:
Showtime will be re-broadcasting two episodes every Sunday night on their SHO2 channel beginning 7PM February 5th:

http://www.sho.com/schedule?date=2017-02-05
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4461
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby Jerry Horne » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:44 pm

mtwentz wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Is the Season Two marathon happening? I don't see it on the schedule?


Feb. 20-21


Those are the dates on the episode guide. I wish they would update their schedule.
User avatar
madeleineferguson
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:25 am

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby madeleineferguson » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:49 am

Watching Season One today made me remember how much I enjoyed Invitation to Love. Perfect, delightful meta. I really hope it will be a part of Season Three, I think it made Twin Peaks so much lighter and more fun. And I love the notion that Invitation to Love has been on TV all this time, and that their stories have all continued up through today, just like with our favorite characters in Twin Peaks.
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1812
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby mtwentz » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:16 am

madeleineferguson wrote:Watching Season One today made me remember how much I enjoyed Invitation to Love. Perfect, delightful meta. I really hope it will be a part of Season Three, I think it made Twin Peaks so much lighter and more fun. And I love the notion that Invitation to Love has been on TV all this time, and that their stories have all continued up through today, just like with our favorite characters in Twin Peaks.


On the other hand, the daytime drama/soap opera is an art form in decline. Not sure if they are worth parodying anymore. A reality show like The Bachelor might be more funny and relevant to parody.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
dronerstone
Posts: 494
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby dronerstone » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:51 am

madeleineferguson wrote:Watching Season One today made me remember how much I enjoyed Invitation to Love. Perfect, delightful meta. I really hope it will be a part of Season Three, I think it made Twin Peaks so much lighter and more fun. And I love the notion that Invitation to Love has been on TV all this time, and that their stories have all continued up through today, just like with our favorite characters in Twin Peaks.


Does "The Bold And The Beautiful" still exist?

If so, "Invitation To Love" might as well.
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1812
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby mtwentz » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Is the Season Two marathon happening? I don't see it on the schedule?


Feb. 20-21


Those are the dates on the episode guide. I wish they would update their schedule.


Well to be honest a weekday marathon doesn't make much sense, so if they got cold feet on Feb 20-21, I can understand why. I would prefer they take up 3 Saturdays with 7-8 episodes, but it looks like S2 is being g relegated to Showtime 2.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
User avatar
Brad D
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:56 am
Contact:

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby Brad D » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Very surprised things are so quiet about FWWM. I would love to know the percentage of Netflix viewers of the series that actively sought out the film afterward.
User avatar
Snailhead
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby Snailhead » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:54 pm

It could be very special if they do a broadcast of FWWM and The Missing Pieces a week before the premiere.
Welcome to Canada...
User avatar
Eater of Iguanas
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby Eater of Iguanas » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:10 pm

mtwentz wrote:it looks like S2 is being relegated to Showtime 2.

Sort of understandable. The back half or so of S2 isn't going to do Showtime any favors in terms of bringing in fresh viewers.
Agent Earle
Posts: 906
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:55 am

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby Agent Earle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:05 am

Eater of Iguanas wrote:
mtwentz wrote:it looks like S2 is being relegated to Showtime 2.

Sort of understandable. The back half or so of S2 isn't going to do Showtime any favors in terms of bringing in fresh viewers.


I think you are underestimating the impact of, as you say, "the back half of S2". There's some seriously potent stuff there, easily rivaling anything that came in the well-loved S1. Overall, I think S2 is just as strong as S1, if not more so. And I wish Lynch, Frost and everyone associated with the "old" Twin Peaks would stop behaving like they're kinda ashamed of S2 whenever the subject's brought up. It is what it is, with all its faults and all its greats (the latter far outweigh the former, I should say) and, hey, look where it got us 25 years later :)
User avatar
Rainwater
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 3:00 am
Location: Under the Sycamore trees

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby Rainwater » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:34 am

Agent Earle wrote:
Eater of Iguanas wrote:
mtwentz wrote:it looks like S2 is being relegated to Showtime 2.

Sort of understandable. The back half or so of S2 isn't going to do Showtime any favors in terms of bringing in fresh viewers.


I think you are underestimating the impact of, as you say, "the back half of S2". There's some seriously potent stuff there, easily rivaling anything that came in the well-loved S1. Overall, I think S2 is just as strong as S1, if not more so. And I wish Lynch, Frost and everyone associated with the "old" Twin Peaks would stop behaving like they're kinda ashamed of S2 whenever the subject's brought up. It is what it is, with all its faults and all its greats (the latter far outweigh the former, I should say) and, hey, look where it got us 25 years later :)

I would agree that Season 2 reaches higher highs than Season 1, but it also falls to such lows I can imagine most viewers getting discouraged from finishing the season, and missing out on the great finale - in fact, I don't have to imagine, I've seen this happen to many people. I myself am not sure I would've slogged through it if I hadn't been told it was worth it. For this reason, I really have no idea what they're going to do regarding S2 on Showtime.
φ
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1812
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby mtwentz » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:52 am

I was an original viewer in my early 20s and I cannot relate to anyone who bails early, because I remember that myself and all my friends working at the same muffin shop were obsessed with TP from beginning to end. It seems to me the people that bailed were casual viewers who just wanted to have the mystery of Laura Palmer solved.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
Agent Earle
Posts: 906
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:55 am

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby Agent Earle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:00 am

mtwentz wrote:I was an original viewer in my early 20s and I cannot relate to anyone who bails early, because I remember that myself and all my friends working at the same muffin shop were obsessed with TP from beginning to end. It seems to me the people that bailed were casual viewers who just wanted to have the mystery of Laura Palmer solved.


Right on. When I saw the series for the first time at the young and oh so impressionable age of 10-11, I was obsessed with it from the beginning till the end. I wouldn't dream of missing a second of it, not even for the Evelyn Marsh, John Justice Wheeler and Little Nicky parts :)
User avatar
OK,Bob
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Postby OK,Bob » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:11 am

Jerry Horne wrote:
mtwentz wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Is the Season Two marathon happening? I don't see it on the schedule?


Feb. 20-21


Those are the dates on the episode guide. I wish they would update their schedule.

Right now their schedule calendar is only available through the end of February, but if they continue the 2 episodes a week (starting Sunday, Feb 5) after completing season one (on Feb 26) they could get through the second season, which would end May 14. This allows one more Sunday for FWWM before season 3 begins. Seems like a possibility....
"OK, Bob. OK, BOB. OK." -Audrey Horne

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests