Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Re: Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

Post by laughingpinecone »

AXX°N N. wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:Seeing the Showtime Tumblr regurgitate a ton of giphy gifs tagged using the wrong episode number (counting the pilot as 1x01) AND the German titles is a special kind of hell :| send help :|
Not quite as bad as their twitter timeline commenting on the whole Leland falling on the coffin scene as 'lol that was so WEIRd and AWKWArd lol xDDD.'

Seeing classic Twin Peaks passed through the sieve of modern, fractured net aesthetic sure is something.
Secondhand embarrassment is putting it mildly, I cannot go through my Twitter feed when the episodes are on... I've seen some quality Twin Peaks memeing and gif usage and that is not it.
Admittedly, in my limited experience, the bar is very low when it comes to this kind of content from official accounts, but still...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, the gif live tweeting they do makes me cringe a bit.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Tony Franciosa

Post by Tony Franciosa »

They should have given control of their social media to someone over the age of 35. This millenial-ization of the show's Twitter feed is awful. I had to unsubscribe. I figure any breaking news that comes from them will be disseminated elsewhere anyway.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

lol I'm not convinced they aren't over 35 tbh, in part because their social media game is so poor
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Dalai Cooper wrote:lol I'm not convinced they aren't over 35 tbh, in part because their social media game is so poor
Seconded. It's not what they are doing, it's that they're doing it awfully.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Dalai Cooper wrote:lol I'm not convinced they aren't over 35 tbh, in part because their social media game is so poor
Exactly. It's the 'How do you do, fellow kids?' Buscemi meme writ large.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.