What do you expect to see in the Season 3?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: What do you expect to see in the Season 3?

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Soolsma wrote:Hmmmm, I think most points you'd want covered would fit better into the book than the new series. I'd be really suprised if the new series would be relapsing on it's old subplots all the time.

btw
Agent Sam Stanley wrote: - The white house next to the Palmers. How is BOB related to that house and why Leland started to see him there?
?? Don't you mean the summer house at the lake where he used to visit as a child?
Yeah well, I'm considering the tie in book as part of S3 too. But you're right, those points seem to fit more the book than the actual season.

Yes, I was referring to the white house next to the Palmers summer house in Pearl Lakes, not the Palmers house in TP, sorry :lol:
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I know we shouldn't expect a perfect round closure coming from Lynch, but I wouldn't want to see TP end the same way Lost did. The writers created so many mysteries and subplots in that show that by the end of it they couldn't deal with everything so they just gave closure to the most important points.

A few subplots that I hope they don't forget to cover:

- Why exactly Josie shot Cooper.
- Why Josie ended up trapped in the knob.
- Why Cliff Howard appeared in the woods in the drug deal. Was he there undercover to bust Bobby and Laura or was he really dealing drugs.
- More details about the plot to assassinate Andrew Packard in the boat accident. How did Andrew and Catherine figured everything out, where was Andrew hidden the entire time he was faking his death. Hank's involvement with Josie, why did she hired him to kill Andrew, what kind of relationship they had.
- Hank's auto accident that sent him to jail. Was that really just an accident and was it related to the murder plot to kill Andrew? Why Josie was paying him for each year he was in prison?
- Who was with Leo in the woods the night he met Mike and Bobby.
- Phillip Gerard. Why we only see him and never see Mike. In dreams and visions we always see BOB but never Mike, it's always Phillip.
- What made Ben turn abruptly in his office after Audrey left.
- The white house next to the Palmers. How is BOB related to that house and why Leland started to see him there?
I would be very surprised if any of these get any coverage in the new series (besides Philip Gerard, who might just be a cameo though). I'd love it if Josie's fate was touched upon though. If anything, some of these may be answered in Frost's book.

Some of my interpretations:
-Cooper was exposing the dark underbelly of the town so it was only a matter of time until her true nature was sussed out. Interesting that interviews with Robert Engels seem to suggest that she had some sort of tie to Windom Earle at some point.
- Why Cliff Howard appeared in the woods in the drug deal. Was he there undercover to bust Bobby and Laura or was he really dealing drugs.
Since he was known to be corrupt I'd say he was there to rip them off and kill them- which would explain why his body was never found. If he was not there in any official capacity, Deer Meadow would have needed to cover up his death to avoid questions leading back to them.
- Hank's auto accident that sent him to jail. Was that really just an accident and was it related to the murder plot to kill Andrew? Why Josie was paying him for each year he was in prison?
I thought it was an intentional "accident" to serve as an alibi.
Was this supposed to be Laura's killer before they had settled firmly on Leland? In my head canon it's Bernard Renault, because I can't think of any other candidates that make sense. They probably just want people to ignore/forget about this detail.
I've read this was supposed to be Josie's spirit.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Shloogorgh wrote:
I would be very surprised if any of these get any coverage in the new series (besides Philip Gerard, who might just be a cameo though). I'd love it if Josie's fate was touched upon though. If anything, some of these may be answered in Frost's book.

Some of my interpretations:
Most of your interpretations are what fans came up with over the years to fill the blanks. I was ok with them when I thought we'd never pass season 2, but now it's a different story.
Frost has a lot of things to cover in the book, so I'm thinking some stuff like who was with Leo in the woods or Cliff Howard's true intentions will be left to our interpretation/imagination, but I'd love to be surprised and see some kind of clarification on those points and the others I mentioned.
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I know we shouldn't expect a perfect round closure coming from Lynch, but I wouldn't want to see TP end the same way Lost did. The writers created so many mysteries and subplots in that show that by the end of it they couldn't deal with everything so they just gave closure to the most important points.

- More details about the plot to assassinate Andrew Packard in the boat accident. How did Andrew and Catherine figured everything out, where was Andrew hidden the entire time he was faking his death. Hank's involvement with Josie, why did she hired him to kill Andrew, what kind of relationship they had.
- Phillip Gerard. Why we only see him and never see Mike. In dreams and visions we always see BOB but never Mike, it's always Phillip.
- The white house next to the Palmers. How is BOB related to that house and why Leland started to see him there?
Personally, I think given the time lapsed, many of these points wouldn't be revisited. Particularly given some of the characters are not likely to appear in the series, and they will also want to attract a new audience as well.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:

Personally, I think given the time lapsed, many of these points wouldn't be revisited. Particularly given some of the characters are not likely to appear in the series, and they will also want to attract a new audience as well.
I agree, but I think we might have a chance with Frost's book.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Shazbot wrote:There's gonna be at least one scene more horrifying than anything else in Twin Peaks. Possibly scarier than any other Lynch work.
You mean horrifying as in creepy (e.g. Ronette's dream/vision at the hospital) or horrifying as in traumatizing (e.g. like a child getting killed)?