missing pieces/between two worlds on DVD?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Dining With Diane
Roadhouse Member

missing pieces/between two worlds on DVD?

Post by Dining With Diane »

from what i can find online, it appears that The Missing Pieces and Between Two Worlds are only available on the blu-ray sets.

are these available on any of the DVDs or purchasable as a download? I don't have a blue ray player or a TV modern enough to work with a blue ray player, but my computer does DVDs just fine
http://diningwithdiane.tumblr.com/
Dining with Diane - the food blog of Special Agent Dale Cooper
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Re: missing pieces/between two worlds on DVD?

Post by Metamorphia »

It's time for you to upgrade!
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I am always a little uncomfortable with the idea of fans being expected to buy something they already own in order to get access to new material.
My family owns the season 1 and season 2 box sets, and I bought the gold box several years back. The picture and sound quality on them is already very high, I see no reason to replace them. It would have been nice if there was some other way to see them (without pirating.)
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I own all the sets. The quality of the Entire Mystery blu-ray set is so superior that it's worth the investment, even if you don't currently have the correct equipment. It won't be available forever, but blu-ray tech will be around for quite a bit longer.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

One major problem with iTunes is that they've yet to sort out a convenient system for handling extras on TV shows. Much like movies, we ought to get a menu screen and access to all the extras. I find the Blu-ray set irritating for its sync issues and would actually switch to iTunes if i could get the extras on there.

I doubt I'll bother with many TV shows on Blu-ray or DVD again now.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Snailhead wrote:I am always a little uncomfortable with the idea of fans being expected to buy something they already own in order to get access to new material.
My family owns the season 1 and season 2 box sets, and I bought the gold box several years back. The picture and sound quality on them is already very high, I see no reason to replace them. It would have been nice if there was some other way to see them (without pirating.)
The quality in both areas is considerably higher when you make the jump to high def.

I get where you're coming from with this btw but I feel that transition in fidelity is too much to miss out on, especially for something you love.