The Random Twin Peaks Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jatriot
Roadhouse Member

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by Jatriot »

Mordeen wrote:Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here's a pic of me with my going away present today.
me and Ray.jpg
He's in Season 3 so hopefully it counts.

-Mordeen
It counts it counts...Whittaker you crazy? Ray Wise is The Man. Love your work and life's energy.
Humbly
Jason
master468
Roadhouse Member

Post by master468 »

This looks pretty familiar

Rigpa
Roadhouse Member

Post by Rigpa »

dronerstone wrote:seem familiar?

and

First released 1984.
This is so trippy! I just finished reading Robbins’ Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates today. When I read this passage, I thought I had to find a place on the forum to share it, and found your post.
“On January 25, 1938, much of the Northern Hemisphere was dazzled and panicked by what has been described as the most dramatic and bizarre display of the aurora borealis in recorded history. Undulating bands of vivid color, wide, violent, and continuous through the night, were accompanied by snapping and crackling sounds, causing thousands to believe that the world was ablaze and doomsday was on the front burner. Less than ninety days after that awesome atmospheric laser circus, Hitler marched into Austria…” Sound familiar?
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

Rigpa wrote:
This is so trippy! I just finished reading Robbins’ Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates today. When I read this passage, I thought I had to find a place on the forum to share it, and found your post.
“On January 25, 1938, much of the Northern Hemisphere was dazzled and panicked by what has been described as the most dramatic and bizarre display of the aurora borealis in recorded history. Undulating bands of vivid color, wide, violent, and continuous through the night, were accompanied by snapping and crackling sounds, causing thousands to believe that the world was ablaze and doomsday was on the front burner. Less than ninety days after that awesome atmospheric laser circus, Hitler marched into Austria…” Sound familiar?
Now don't you dare to think this is a coincidence! :)

And wow - I never thought about it that way. What if a young Hitler, aspiring artist/painter and madman, was fiddling around with dark rituals and what we got later on was just his Evil Doppelgänger? From the Black Lodge, of course...

o_O

Or even possessed by BOB or a similar spirit!

I must know, I'm Austrian. Hee-hee... ;)

PS: joking about Hitler of course. It's a way of coping with all the bad sh*t he and his supporters / the Nazis did. F*ck them. I hope it's not "getting too political" to say bad things and poke fun of those guys, at least in my country it isn't - it's called being uptight and correct. Even their logo and ways of greeting are forbidden by law over here.
Rigpa
Roadhouse Member

Post by Rigpa »

dronerstone wrote:
Rigpa wrote:

There are no coincidences, just synchronicities! :D

And wow - I never thought about it that way. What if a young Hitler, aspiring artist/painter and madman, was fiddling around with dark rituals and what we got later on was just his Evil Doppelgänger? From the Black Lodge, of course...

Hitler was fiddling around with dark rituals. Check out the book Spear of Destiny by Trevor Ravenscroft. From Wikipedia: “The book was written based on the papers of the Austrian anthroposophist Walter Stein given to Ravenscroft by his widow.” It’s about Hitler’s delving into black magic and searching for the spear that pierced the side of Christ to pervert its force to conquer the world. Hitler and his cronies were seriously demented, far beyond what most people know...
Jatriot
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jatriot »

dronerstone wrote:
Rigpa wrote:

o_O

Or even possessed by BOB or a similar spirit!

I must know, I'm Austrian. Hee-hee... ;)

PS: joking about Hitler of course. It's a way of coping with all the bad sh*t he and his supporters / the Nazis did. F*ck them. I hope it's not "getting too political" to say bad things and poke fun of those guys, at least in my country it isn't - it's called being uptight and correct. Even their logo and ways of greeting are forbidden by law over here.
As far as I'm concerned one can never be hard enough on Adolph & company. Woody Allen said it wonderfully in Manhattan after Diane Keaton says that they are going to boycott some Fascist painters exhibition. Woody-I think when it comes to Nazis symbolic gestures are meaningless. What one needs is a large group of men with baseball bats. That's the only type of gesture I can get behind Re The 3rd Reich.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

And now there this... HILARIOUS.

[S03e08 Spoilers]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGsdP5PlANw
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Every time I spot Miss Vickie's potato chips, I'm reminded of the show. They should do a tie-in.

Miss Vickie's - The Potato Chip for Those Who Have Traveled Between Dimensions Through a Wall Socket
Delicious.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

anyone know what this is about?

Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

claaa7 wrote:anyone know what this is about?
Spoiler:
He is in danger of losing a leg and simply cannot afford the procedure that may save it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help ... -his-leg#/
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mr. Strawberry wrote:
Spoiler:
He is in danger of losing a leg and simply cannot afford the procedure that may save it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help ... -his-leg#/
I assume claaa7 was asking why Charlotte Stewart (Betty Briggs) commented on the post telling Walter to go fuck himself.
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I assume claaa7 was asking why Charlotte Stewart (Betty Briggs) commented on the post telling Walter to go fuck himself.
I totally missed that!

Jeez... seems a bit extreme at first glance, but what the hell do I know, there's obviously an unpleasant backstory here.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I’ve told Walter to fuck himself, in private and public! The final time I blocked him I really went off. Charlotte is so groovy I wish she was my mom.

I can only imagine this is in regards to him privately hounding fans for money. He has been RELENTLESS. I changed my number and he somehow got my new one, not to mention on Facebook PM’s. Lots of ppl complained they didn’t get signed 8x10’s he promised. Some fans can’t say no which is just an unfair tactic to exploit your very minor star power. The money probably goes to the Church of Scientology, according to an inside source who fundraised quite a bit of money for him once— and he STILL kept looking that gift horse in the mouth :!:

He’s really shameless, pushy and nicely saying no and “I’m broker than you!” doesn’t cut it kind of like that Weinstein audio recording with the Italian model, only with money. (He also has forced kissed at least a few fans, me when I was a teenager blecch.). A friend of mine told him after lots of harrassment she hopes he loses his leg, bc she sells prosthetics. I told him his character was f—n dead and to let it go, too. When I found out he was playing a bartender in Return I have to wonder how he whined and cajoled for that but at least “so I can be in new Twin Peaks” wasn’t the load of crap we suspected.

And even after all that, it’s the same response as to Charlotte- playing stupid. But I guess it works because he keeps doing it!
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Really just a random tangential Lynch thing. Be sure to watch the Fox O.J. special that just aired -- an unaired 2006 interview in which O.J. essentially confessed to the murders (posing it as a "hypothetical" to retain deniability). He references a figure named "Charlie" (Bob?) whom he claims was with him at the murders and gave him the knife. That got me thinking of Lynchian weirdness, as I recall him saying "LH" was semi-inspired by O.J.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

IcedOver wrote:Really just a random tangential Lynch thing. Be sure to watch the Fox O.J. special that just aired -- an unaired 2006 interview in which O.J. essentially confessed to the murders (posing it as a "hypothetical" to retain deniability). He references a figure named "Charlie" (Bob?) whom he claims was with him at the murders and gave him the knife. That got me thinking of Lynchian weirdness, as I recall him saying "LH" was semi-inspired by O.J.
In Lost Highway Robert Blake's Mystery Man literally hands Bill Pullman the knife to slit his enemy's throat. Veey intriguing.