The Random Twin Peaks Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

asmahan wrote: My bad then, thanks for clarifying :oops:
:wink:
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

From Reddit. Creepy. Beware of BOB. (He's there, open in a new tab for the HQ version)

AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

N. Needleman wrote:From Reddit. Creepy. Beware of BOB.
But where's Waldo? My only myna quibble...
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

djerdap wrote:He's definitely more cynical and even slightly condescending in the Pilot. It's a side of him I missed a bit as the show progressed, especially after the killer was revealed, when they reduced the character to overwrought long speeches, and the lack of enthusiasm started to show in MacLachlan's performance. This is all of course corrected in the fantastic finale, where the Pilot persona actually comes to life in certain moments (his awkward smiles during the first scene at the sheriff's station etc.).
I'm glad to see someone else mention this - the first time I went back and rewatched the pilot, I noticed to my surprise that he has slightly more of an edge than he did in later episodes. It's a nuance that would have been nice to retain. But it's common for TV characters to get smoothed out and simplified as the episodes progress, I think partly because so many different hands are typing the scripts while trying to keep consistency with everyone else's work, and they fall back to using a handful of the characters' most easily identifiable traits (look at Homer Simpson in the early episodes, compared to now - he's gotten vastly dumber and more oafish). Something else we missed when a third season didn't happen was seeing a new layer brought to Cooper's character, coming out of his struggle with Bob, or Dark Coop or whoever the hell he was in that last scene.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

Saturn's child wrote:But where's Waldo? My only myna quibble...
MODERATORS! Pun cleanup on aisle seven!
the woods
Roadhouse Member

Re: SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime SPOILERS Thre

Post by the woods »

mtwentz wrote:The is waaaaayyy off topic, but since so many of you have been to Twin Peaks Festivals, and I haven't, I can only brag about the next best thing-

I saw Miguel Ferrer at a Sci Fi Convention playing in a band led by Billy Mumy.

Two things came from that:

1. I met Miguel- super nice guy, absolutely nothing like Albert Rosenfeld :-).

2. The band was pretty good, though for the life of me I can't remember what instrument Miguel played.

Did anyone else ever see Miguel play music back in the day?

mtwentz, the band you saw sounds like barnes and barnes, probably best known for their song, "fish heads".
the band is mainly art and artie barnes aka bill mumy and robert haimer. i know miguel ferrer is a talented
drummer and plays drums on some of their tracks, although he may play other instruments as well.
they are a really good (and funny) band i think.
next step: rocket science!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime SPOILERS Thre

Post by mtwentz »

the woods wrote:
mtwentz wrote:The is waaaaayyy off topic, but since so many of you have been to Twin Peaks Festivals, and I haven't, I can only brag about the next best thing-

I saw Miguel Ferrer at a Sci Fi Convention playing in a band led by Billy Mumy.

Two things came from that:

1. I met Miguel- super nice guy, absolutely nothing like Albert Rosenfeld :-).

2. The band was pretty good, though for the life of me I can't remember what instrument Miguel played.

Did anyone else ever see Miguel play music back in the day?

mtwentz, the band you saw sounds like barnes and barnes, probably best known for their song, "fish heads".
the band is mainly art and artie barnes aka bill mumy and robert haimer. i know miguel ferrer is a talented
drummer and plays drums on some of their tracks, although he may play other instruments as well.
they are a really good (and funny) band i think.
Thanks, it has been so long! I will look up barnes and barnes.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Is anybody else checking out the work of The unknown (for me at least) musicians of The new season? I say this because Finn Andrews's The Veils last álbum is absolutely amazing! Could imagine all songs playing in the new season
Mace

Post by Mace »

image.jpg
image.jpg (910.92 KiB) Viewed 11609 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (464.66 KiB) Viewed 11609 times
Here are a few pages from Bruce Phillips - Twin Peaks Collectibles catalogue from April 1994. At the time it was one of the few places to get new and used TP items from.
the woods
Roadhouse Member

Post by the woods »

yes, i got my bar napkin from the one-eyed jacks set from him. it's pretty nice!
there is now a guy on ebay selling little tiny chunks of the log near where laura was found in the pilot.
i don't want one but, at 10 dollars a pop, it's pretty inexpensive compared to the other memorabilia that
is for sale there. about 180 dollars for a ghostwood estates contract prop, and 17 hundred dollars for a great northern menu.
next step: rocket science!
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Random question - what happened to Twin Peaks in 2013? Was it the year it got on Netflix or somehow became more available? I was pleasantly surprised by its strong presence in this year's Yuletide fanfiction exchange (15 requests, 13 offers, by far the biggest group I've been involved in in my 6 years participating), but looking back, the real bump from average presence to kinda-big-for-Yuletide status was when it went to 2012's 4 requests to 2013's 15. Any idea what may have brought it about?
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
OpeningCreditsBird

Post by OpeningCreditsBird »

In case anyone was wondering:
Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 3.46.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 3.46.56 PM.png (37.76 KiB) Viewed 11231 times
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

How have I never seen this? (Embed won't load)
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

On tonight's episode of MTV's The Real World, there was a quick shot of the falls and the Salish Lodge. The current season takes place in Seattle.