The Random Twin Peaks Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

asmahan
RR Diner Member

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by asmahan »

Ranking the Wigs/hairpieces of Twin Peaks, best to worst
1. Laura's flashback wig in May The Giant Be With You
2. Windom's biker dude wig
3. The Other FWWM wig
4. Laura's Black Lodge wig
5. Windom's Log Lady Wig
6. Maddy Black Lodge wig
7. Laura's infamous hairpiece from Fire Walk With Me

Am I missing any?
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

You think 3 is a wig? Hmm.

It's no laughing matter - Lee's hairpieces *almost* take me out of FWWM every time.
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

douglasb wrote:You think 3 is a wig? Hmm.

It's no laughing matter - Lee's hairpieces *almost* take me out of FWWM every time.
Hairpiece or extensions, right? Pretty sure you can see her real hairline underneath.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Maddy's Black Lodge wig is the same she used during S2.

And pic no 1 is not a wig, it's Sheryl's real hair.
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Maddy's Black Lodge wig is the same she used during S2.

Well based off of this interview http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/20 ... t-one.html it wasn't really clear:
Brad - Did you have a wig as Maddy? Your hair looks very real in that first season.

Sheryl - No, they dyed it. My hair was dyed. There were different times when I wore wigs, for the film Fire Walk With Me, I had to wear a wig because I had had to have my hair cut short for a film before we shot the movie. But for Maddy, I think for the most part it was actually my hair. But then there was one time later I think where we went back to shoot something and by then I had to go blonde for a different role, you know when you're doing something over a long period of time, and you're doing other work amidst it, those are the times when you have to go back to the wigs. But yes it was dyed, they actually dyed it dark. Which was great because then I got to experience in my day-to-day world how I was treated differently. It was the only time in my life when a man had said to me "You look like an intelligent woman" was when I had dark hair (laughs).
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Yep, for S1 they dyed it and made it curly. When S2 came she had cut her hair way too short so they gave her a wig. You can notice the difference:

Real hair

Wig
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

asmahan wrote:

Well based off of this interview http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/20 ... t-one.html it wasn't really clear:
Brad - Did you have a wig as Maddy? Your hair looks very real in that first season.

Sheryl - No, they dyed it. My hair was dyed. There were different times when I wore wigs, for the film Fire Walk With Me, I had to wear a wig because I had had to have my hair cut short for a film before we shot the movie. But for Maddy, I think for the most part it was actually my hair. But then there was one time later I think where we went back to shoot something and by then I had to go blonde for a different role, you know when you're doing something over a long period of time, and you're doing other work amidst it, those are the times when you have to go back to the wigs. But yes it was dyed, they actually dyed it dark. Which was great because then I got to experience in my day-to-day world how I was treated differently. It was the only time in my life when a man had said to me "You look like an intelligent woman" was when I had dark hair (laughs).
If that (pic 1) is the same frame as used in the movie it could easily have been Sheryl's real short cut hair, don't you think?
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

bob_wooler wrote:
asmahan wrote:

If that (pic 1) is the same frame as used in the movie it could easily have been Sheryl's real short cut hair, don't you think?
Not sure. I thought she had her hair cut for Backbeat, where it was sort of a pixie cut, whereas in season two episode one it's clearly past shoulder length.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

asmahan wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:
asmahan wrote:
Not sure. I thought she had her hair cut for Backbeat, where it was sort of a pixie cut, whereas in season two episode one it's clearly past shoulder length.
Backbeat didn't start shooting until 1993, the Jersey Girl scenes (were she also had short hair) I guess is from late '91/early '92, so there's no conflicts there as far as I can see.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Could be Guinevere t.v. movie 1994.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

This is how Sheryl's real hair looked around September 1990, when they were shooting S2
sherylleea.jpg
sherylleea.jpg (20.17 KiB) Viewed 14108 times
155506550.jpg
155506550.jpg (145.24 KiB) Viewed 14108 times
Too short for Maddy's hair so they gave her the wig. But during Ronette's flashback/nightmare it's her real hair. The scene is quick and dark, guess that's why they didn't bother with a wig. If you watch it in slow motion tho, you can notice the hair is too short compared to Laura's regular hair:
tpep8_561.jpg
tpep8_561.jpg (173.86 KiB) Viewed 14108 times
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Sam is correct. They used her real hair (dyed) for Maddy in S1. After S1 she cut her hair a bit shorter and they used wigs for Maddy in S2- but her real hair for the murder flashback. She also wore (awful) wigs for the ski trip pics and the finale. Later she cut her hair pixie short for Backbeat, and it was still pretty short during FWWM, thus the infamous wig. You can actually spot her real hair length through the wig in some shots in the movie.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Smiling Bag
Roadhouse Member

Post by Smiling Bag »

Not sure if this is the right thread, but here is something "random" I've never seen discussed. As well defined of a charachter as Cooper was, in many ways, he is QUITE different between the Pilot and the series. His speech patterns are radically different at times. "Sheriff, what kind of fantastic trees "you got gowin round' here"..........He almost has a South Carolina accent in some scenes. IMO, he became a bit more polished in the seires. Again, it is just a few scenes, but I for the first time noticed this minor discrepancy between the character on my last viewing. Truman on the other hand is VERY consistent until he has his Josie meltdown/semi-bad acting moment.

Random......
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:This is how Sheryl's real hair looked around September 1990, when they were shooting S2
My bad then, thanks for clarifying :oops:
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Smiling Bag wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread, but here is something "random" I've never seen discussed. As well defined of a charachter as Cooper was, in many ways, he is QUITE different between the Pilot and the series. His speech patterns are radically different at times. "Sheriff, what kind of fantastic trees "you got gowin round' here"..........He almost has a South Carolina accent in some scenes. IMO, he became a bit more polished in the seires. Again, it is just a few scenes, but I for the first time noticed this minor discrepancy between the character on my last viewing. Truman on the other hand is VERY consistent until he has his Josie meltdown/semi-bad acting moment.

Random......
He's definitely more cynical and even slightly condescending in the Pilot. It's a side of him I missed a bit as the show progressed, especially after the killer was revealed, when they reduced the character to overwrought long speeches, and the lack of enthusiasm started to show in MacLachlan's performance. This is all of course corrected in the fantastic finale, where the Pilot persona actually comes to life in certain moments (his awkward smiles during the first scene at the sheriff's station etc.).
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series