The Random Twin Peaks Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by IcedOver »

From the "Comedy Central Roast of James Franco" -- Seth Rogen to Jonah Hill -- "Some people say you remind them of a young Belushi . . . Jim Belushi."
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Laura Palmer's Theme when visualized in MIDI notation (a form of computer music language). The blocks showing note height on Y axis, time being X.
19-twin-peaks-midi.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg
19-twin-peaks-midi.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg (56.58 KiB) Viewed 11057 times
Lynch and Badalamenti were just as flabbergasted with the discovery, Hurley says. “I showed David the photo and I was like, ‘What does this look like to you?’ and he said, ‘Yeah, twin peaks. What about it?’” Hurley says. “And I told him what it was, and he just started shouting, ‘It’s cosmic! It’s cosmic! It’s cosmic!’ and then he was like, ‘That would make a great T-shirt.’ And then I sent it to Angelo, and Angelo was just like, ‘Whoa … this is scary … but very cool!”
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

Once again I watched season 3 in my dream.

-The last dream I had had a gimmick of viewers being able to be part of the show. I sat in a courtroom and told Cooper some stupid jokes and he laughed, of character, as Kyle.

-This time the gimmick was that you could watch the series from two perspectives if you wanted to.

-One scene had a kid in a leather jacket killing some old guy by piercing his eyes with an electric mixer. It was terrifying.
I rewinded and watched the scene in Cooper's perspective. He was so close to stop the kid but wasn't in quite the right place at the right time.

-Lucy was momentarily possessed by Bob :O
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Blink and you'll miss it: young Ben Horne is chomping a cigar in one shot of the groundbreaking ceremony in Episode 18 (visible when modern-day Ben is caressing the screen) -- apparently his parents were fine with him smoking!

Does anyone know what the deal is with Ben's mom in that footage? She appears to have something running under her nose, almost like a hospital breathing apparatus (a la Smoke Inhalation Pete in Episode 8 ). I at first assumed this was a subtle gag re: all the smoking in that household, but I'm not sure how this apparatus could actually work without an attached machine. Upon close inspection of the Blu Ray deleted scene version, she's wearing a shawl and the apparatus I'm seeing appears to be the strap...but why run it under her nose instead of under her chin? I feel like I'm missing something; it's obviously a very deliberate choice.
I was just watching that and it does look like a breathing apparatus. I've seen that scene many times but never noticed before.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jatriot
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jatriot »

Stupid the man is dead We all know Lynch has to move on

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

seem familiar?

and

First released 1984.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I went to "FWWM" in a theater on Monday, a tiny theater that shows old movies (mainly via Blu-ray projection) and is having a Lynch week. They followed Lynch's instructions and amped up the volume, and during the Canada/"Pink Room" scene, the theater and seats vibrated. Pretty cool. This now means I've been to all of his films in the theater within the past five years (all via DVD or Blu-ray projection except for "Eraserhead" and "Straight Story" in 35mm). I've had opportunities to go to "FWWM" in the past few years, but didn't have time. I went to his last five movies in the theater during their original runs, starting with "FWWM" in 1992, but local Lynch-friendly theaters have shown all his movies. Watching "FWWM" twice in two days caused me to turn a corner with it, too, after largely despising it for years.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Jatriot
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jatriot »

Love this truly astonishing occurrence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Mordeen »

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here's a pic of me with my going away present today.
me and Ray.jpg
me and Ray.jpg (494.47 KiB) Viewed 10972 times
He's in Season 3 so hopefully it counts.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

That's awesome!!
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Mordeen wrote:Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here's a pic of me with my going away present today.
me and Ray.jpg

-Mordeen
Wow, great pic. Where did you get to meet Ray?
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Wonderful pic Mordeen!
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Ashok wrote:
Mordeen wrote:Not sure if this is the right place for this, but here's a pic of me with my going away present today.
me and Ray.jpg

-Mordeen
Taken at my house during our going away party on 6/10. They're family friends dating back to when my parents were kids.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Mordeen wrote:
Ashok wrote:
me and Ray.jpg

-Mordeen
Taken at my house during our going away party on 6/10. They're family friends dating back to when my parents were kids.

-Mordeen

Summering on the Pearl Lakes, I assume?

(Terrific pic!)