Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Discussion of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby mtwentz » Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 am

Brad Dukes and RedRoom Podcasts both have their take on the new season up now.
User avatar
LostInTheMovies
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby LostInTheMovies » Mon May 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Holy crap, John Bernardy is doing work that is sure to appeal to most reading this thread. Only read the intro and a few early entries so far, but I absolutely love his appraoch, a mix of appreciation and analysis as to who (and how many) is talking about what:

https://25yearslatersite.com/2017/05/28 ... to-may-27/

And I think this is gonna be a recurring feature? WOW BOB WOW
User avatar
Wonderful & Strange
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby Wonderful & Strange » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:52 am

LostInTheMovies wrote:Holy crap, John Bernardy is doing work that is sure to appeal to most reading this thread. Only read the intro and a few early entries so far, but I absolutely love his appraoch, a mix of appreciation and analysis as to who (and how many) is talking about what:

https://25yearslatersite.com/2017/05/28 ... to-may-27/

And I think this is gonna be a recurring feature? WOW BOB WOW


Thanks for this link! And I also assume you're responsible for the wonderful Twin Peaks analysis on Youtube?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
User avatar
LostInTheMovies
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby LostInTheMovies » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Wonderful & Strange wrote:
LostInTheMovies wrote:Holy crap, John Bernardy is doing work that is sure to appeal to most reading this thread. Only read the intro and a few early entries so far, but I absolutely love his appraoch, a mix of appreciation and analysis as to who (and how many) is talking about what:

https://25yearslatersite.com/2017/05/28 ... to-may-27/

And I think this is gonna be a recurring feature? WOW BOB WOW


Thanks for this link! And I also assume you're responsible for the wonderful Twin Peaks analysis on Youtube?


Thanks - yes, that's me.
User avatar
Wonderful & Strange
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby Wonderful & Strange » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:08 pm

I'm looking forward to more analysis from you on the new show.

I imagine you think Laura will somehow still be Lynch's emotional center?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
User avatar
LostInTheMovies
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby LostInTheMovies » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Wonderful & Strange wrote:I'm looking forward to more analysis from you on the new show.

I imagine you think Laura will somehow still be Lynch's emotional center?


It seems like she will be some sort of emotional/thematic anchor for the show, but not sure how yet. It seems significant that her ghostly image opens up the new credits.
User avatar
Twin Peaks Podcast
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:43 am

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby Twin Peaks Podcast » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:26 pm

We've released out review of episode 6,

http://twinpeakspodcast.blogspot.ca/201 ... -been.html

Episode 6 of the Return. Some interesting characters have started to appear and things are definitely getting interesting. But we're still tired of Dougie.

Love lil' Stabby though!
User avatar
tamygdala
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:44 pm

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby tamygdala » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Just came across this podcast -- very interesting theories by these two guys.

https://soundcloud.com/murphy-hooker
User avatar
AgentEcho
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:57 am

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby AgentEcho » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:22 am

It's something of a pet peeve of mine when podcasters don't bother to keep themselves informed. I've been interested in hearing reactions to part 8 and listened to the Twin Peaks After Show podcast, which is presumably made up of a bunch of E! podcasters who comment on media but aren't really Twin Peaks fans. One of the guys was adamant that the the face that appeared in the bubble while the woodsmen were working on Evil Cooper was NOT Bob. He claims he rewound the scene and watched it for six minutes or something. Was he watching it on a phone? The guy made a complete farce of himself. It blows my mind that someone could watch that scene over and over again, come up with a completely incorrect conclusion, and scream his incorrect observation about it at the top of his lungs. The same guy later completely dismissed that the girl in New Mexico was Sarah Palmer, which may not be the case, but he then theorizes that the girl is Leland Palmer's mother. Which would make Leland Palmer, even if the bug results in some kind of immediate pregnancy with this young girl, a man barely over the age of 30 with a 17 year old daughter in the original series. This is what you realize when you actually put some thought into that theory. So why exactly is it that this guy is on a professional podcast giving his opinion about Twin Peaks?
User avatar
LostInTheMovies
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby LostInTheMovies » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:49 pm

AgentEcho wrote:It's something of a pet peeve of mine when podcasters don't bother to keep themselves informed. I've been interested in hearing reactions to part 8 and listened to the Twin Peaks After Show podcast, which is presumably made up of a bunch of E! podcasters who comment on media but aren't really Twin Peaks fans. One of the guys was adamant that the the face that appeared in the bubble while the woodsmen were working on Evil Cooper was NOT Bob. He claims he rewound the scene and watched it for six minutes or something. Was he watching it on a phone? The guy made a complete farce of himself. It blows my mind that someone could watch that scene over and over again, come up with a completely incorrect conclusion, and scream his incorrect observation about it at the top of his lungs. The same guy later completely dismissed that the girl in New Mexico was Sarah Palmer, which may not be the case, but he then theorizes that the girl is Leland Palmer's mother. Which would make Leland Palmer, even if the bug results in some kind of immediate pregnancy with this young girl, a man barely over the age of 30 with a 17 year old daughter in the original series. This is what you realize when you actually put some thought into that theory. So why exactly is it that this guy is on a professional podcast giving his opinion about Twin Peaks?


I haven't been much compelled to check out the pro podcasts, honestly. I've been getting the sense that the "amateurs" do a much better job.
User avatar
HagbardCeline
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 12:53 am

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby HagbardCeline » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:04 pm

I had gotten into the habit of watching the Afterbuzz TV recap shows for The Expanse, and from week to week was impressed with the informed analysis, combination of people who had read the books and hadn't read the books, and frequent guests from the show itself answering questions from people commenting in the YouTube channel.

When Twin Peaks started up I was excited that they had a show for Twin Peaks...but man is it tough to watch sometimes. There is one guy who is clearly a TP nerd in the best possible way but the others...yikes. I don't get to watch this one live, so I spend most of time yelling at the screen. The show after Episode 8 also had a couple people swearing up and down that the globe wasn't Bob. Pretty frustrating to see four people who were either not born or incredibly young when the show aired trying to analyze it.
User avatar
AgentEcho
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:57 am

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby AgentEcho » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Been listening to a lot of TP podcasts at work because I don't feel bad tuning them out when I have to. After a few weeks "The Lodgers" has far and away risen to the top of the pack. Counter Esperanto would be up there if they updated a bit more regularly, as it stands it's more of a general podcast that covers TP on occasion. But I really appreciate the cinephile perspective, and the reasoned, insightful, non reactionary takes on "The Lodgers". If listening to TP podcasts is something you're interested in check it out.
krzhuva
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby krzhuva » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Completely agree re: The Lodgers. Just discovered them today, and it seems like exactly the kind of a cinephilic discussion I've been hungry for. Great guests, too, including Joel LostInTheMovies!
User avatar
AgentEcho
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:57 am

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby AgentEcho » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:46 am

LostInTheMovies wrote:
I haven't been much compelled to check out the pro podcasts, honestly. I've been getting the sense that the "amateurs" do a much better job.


Generally I think that's probably true, though it's a little hard to differentiate between amateurs and professionals in the entertainment podcasting world. One exception here is the Entertainment Weekly Twin Peaks Podcast... I "rediscovered" this one because the name of the podcast is very similar to one of the amateur podcasts that I weeded out and mistakenly weeded this one out (apologies to the other podcast but listening to mainstream podcasters complain about the show not being mainstream ain't my thing). The EW podcast is pretty good though. The Robert Forester interview was a good one to listen to. When you hear him talk about the forests of the Pacific Northwest it's not hard to see why he and Lynch would enjoy working together.
User avatar
Major Briggs
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:08 pm

Re: Different Twin Peaks podcasts

Postby Major Briggs » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 pm

The finale review of the Twin Peaks Podcast is up, and, as expected, they're mostly whining...

Return to “Twin Peaks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests