An Invitation to Love

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Juan Franela

An Invitation to Love

Post by Juan Franela »

Any word if the complete "An Invitation to Love" episode will be included as an extra in any upcoming Twin Peaks boxed set? I've got a fourth-generation VHS version (lacking sound for 3 of the 12-ish minutes), but I'd love to see this get the proper treatment.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present."
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

That's a great idea for a bonus extra. Hopefully the guys working on it will consider using it.

-B
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

I infer from your post that a complete "episode" was filmed of ITL, most of which never appeared in TP - is that right?
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

That's right...Mark Frost took a second unit a shot several short scenes that make up "Invitation to Love" - much of the material was seen on the show during the first season, but there is unused footage too.

These have been circulating for a long time in fan circles, usually on a tape that also includes some outtakes and alternate takes of scenes from late in season 2 (No "deleted" scenes though - just several takes of scenes we know and love, in particular Windom Earle shooting arrows at Major Briggs.)
Juan Franela

Post by Juan Franela »

What he said.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present."
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Complete ITL eps would be an awesome extra for the the season 2 or complete series release. I hope someone from Paramount reads these boards and picks the idea up.