Was Mike an Owl?!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Twin Peaks Unwrapped
Roadhouse Member

Was Mike an Owl?!

Post by Twin Peaks Unwrapped »

Maybe I've brought this up before, but I really think the One Arm Mike the spirit could become an owl. Wasn't Bob also an owl. The Log Lady said there are owls in the Roadhouse which I always took to indicate that the giant was also an owl. Were all the Lodge Inhabitants owls? The Man from Another Place? Mrs Tremond and Pierre Tremond?

cowwithfivelegs
Roadhouse Member

Re: Was Mike an Owl?!

Post by cowwithfivelegs »

Last edited by cowwithfivelegs on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twin Peaks Unwrapped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Twin Peaks Unwrapped »

Interesting cowwithfivelegs.

"Black Dog Runs at Night... Black Dog Runs at Night ... Black Dog Runs at Night..."
cowwithfivelegs
Roadhouse Member

Post by cowwithfivelegs »

Last edited by cowwithfivelegs on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

Interesting... that quick shot of the barking dog always made me wonder. It's not like it's there for no reason. What with the dog, the monkey, the white horse, and the owls (and what about the turkey? gobble... gobble.. ;)) it seems that "animal life" is indeed some kind of important part of the Peaks mythos. But what part it all plays I couldn't quite say. Just something to ponder.
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

David Locke wrote:Interesting... that quick shot of the barking dog always made me wonder. It's not like it's there for no reason. What with the dog, the monkey, the white horse, and the owls (and what about the turkey? gobble... gobble.. ;)) it seems that "animal life" is indeed some kind of important part of the Peaks mythos. But what part it all plays I couldn't quite say. Just something to ponder.
"Well... There is a vast network, right? An ocean of possibilities. I like dogs. I used to raise rabbits. I've always loved animals. Their nature. How they think. I have seen dogs reason their way out of problems. Watched them think through the trickiest situations. Do you have a couple of bucks I could borrow? I've got this damn landlord..."