Between Two Worlds - full transcript anywhere?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Between Two Worlds - full transcript anywhere?

Post by Qubism »

I'm just watching Grace Zabriskie in Outcast Episode 4, "A Wrath Unseen". She is frankly awesome in it and it makes me so keen to see her again as Sarah Palmer. So I think while we're waiting for S3, the next best thing is to re-watch Lynch interviewing her in character in Between Two Worlds on The Missing Pieces Boxset. Thing is I'm still watching Outcast so I wonder If I can find a transcript online? Well, not so far :-)

So does anyone know of a transcript? We gather that this was not improvised by the actors and every word was carefully scripted by Lynch. To me it's as important as Frost's book in that it's new TP material by the creators that we have/will have before S3 in 2017.

If no one has a transcript, does anyone fancy assembling one? I'm a bit busy with work right now but I might have a bit more time free next week. Maybe 3 of us could take a part each, I'll do Sarah's bit, anyone fancy doing Leland and someone else doing Laura's bit? Obviously I want Lynch's questions in there for each character too......

I found a thread on reddit asking for a transcript so I'm not the only one...... no one had found/produced a transcript over there yet.......
Any help gratefully accepted......

Q
Cerulean
Roadhouse Member

Re: Between Two Worlds - full transcript anywhere?

Post by Cerulean »

Here's a quick transcript. It's not formatted the best, but it's got all the dialogue from the Palmer family interview. If you'd like the actual interviews with Ray, Grace and Sheryl, I can transcribe those too.

Some really interesting stuff here in hindsight. "Sometimes even much less than half is known, sometimes more ... There are still questions—questions about the truth of it all. I meet many people with no names."
Attachments
Between Two Worlds.pdf
(112.03 KiB) Downloaded 993 times
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Nice work! :D
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

When watching the interview section with Ray, Grace and Sheryl, did anyone pick up on a level of hostility between Ray and Grace? First time I watched it was with my wife and two of our friends and we all thought that there was something up between those two. Grace could hardly look at Ray at points.

Just me or did anyone else think this?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Cerulean wrote:Here's a quick transcript. It's not formatted the best, but it's got all the dialogue from the Palmer family interview. If you'd like the actual interviews with Ray, Grace and Sheryl, I can transcribe those too.

Some really interesting stuff here in hindsight. "Sometimes even much less than half is known, sometimes more ... There are still questions—questions about the truth of it all. I meet many people with no names."

In fact, it is very interesting. let's see what happens, but what they say, might have questions in the case palmer, hopefully.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I never thought Ray or Grace seemed hostile. But I haven't seen it in a long while. I think Grace is just a kooky chick with a lot of mannerisms.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by Qubism »

Hey Cerulean, thanks so much! In my mind it was longer than this, I imagine it's because the characters take their time with their words, Lynch's pace eh? :-)

I hope you don't mind if I just copy and paste it here because it might be easier for anyone searching the web to find it:
David Lynch interviews the Palmer Family in 2014:

BETWEEN TWO WORLDS

From Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery

DAVID LYNCH
This is a really beautiful day, a very interesting time and an interesting turn of events.
I'm sitting here with the Palmer family: Leland Palmer, Sarah Palmer and Laura Palmer.
And it's really beautiful because I'm going to be able to ask them each some questions.
And Sarah, I'd like to start with you because you're still living.
Are you still living in Twin Peaks?

SARAH PALMER
Yes.

DAVID LYNCH
In the same house?

SARAH PALMER
Yes.

DAVID LYNCH
Have you remarried? Or are you with anyone?

SARAH PALMER
I'm alone.

DAVID LYNCH
Could you tell us how life is for you now and share with us some memories or feelings of your time when you were with your husband and your daughter?

SARAH PALMER
Now?
Well, it's about the same, I guess. I mean, obviously it's not… but the house is basically the same.
There are lots of things falling apart, I can tell you that much for sure—lots of things.

SARAH PALMER
But, I can still make the happy face when I go to get my hair done or to the grocery store.
And uh... I mean, no one really knows what I'm thinking… or cares—that's the thing.
Inside it's one thing, then there's step-a-side. Separate.
I've seen people. Some of them in the medical profession, but that doesn't really matter.
A lot of the memory is gone.
I keep up with football—I really like it—on TV. Billiards, snooker… and um, I like to watch bowling.

DAVID LYNCH
Thank you, Sarah.
Leland, you've been dead for around 25 years now. And I'd like to ask you how things are for you now, and what are your feelings and memories of your wife Sarah and your daughter Laura?

LELAND PALMER
Well, I'm not sure that I can explain the now. But I have memories… really the fondest of memories.
Sarah and Laura. I think I loved them more than anyone ever. Sarah, especially in the beginning, I was head over heels... head over heels in love. Beguiling she was… with that crazy laugh!
I remember the happy moments in the house. Then later, as things sometimes do, changes… meetings with different people.
I started seeing girls. Some of them even as young as my daughter ... younger.
But the love was still there, burning... the love of family. And I know it's hard to believe, but it was there.
It was so dark then, and the things that were being done, they were not done by me—I did not do those things.
Laura was my princess, my baby ... my princess.

DAVID LYNCH
Thank you, Leland.
Laura, you've also been dead for over 25 years. And I'd like to ask you: what is life for you now? And what are you feelings and thoughts [and] memories of your time with your mother and father?

LAURA PALMER
There's a lot of things that people don't know. It's the same way with me. Sometimes even much less than half is known, sometimes more.
I used to love horses.
Many things happened. Many things all at once, like a circus with dark creatures at night with flickering lights and I knew...
I knew a man named Bob. And when he came to visit me I knew that my life was over.
And then there was a time when I cried because I was so happy, because I saw what it was.
LAURA PALMER
And it was so beautiful. I was awake.
There are still questions—questions about the truth of it all.
I meet many people with no names.

DAVID LYNCH
Bless your heart, Laura.

COPYRIGHT DAVID LYNCH (I GUESS.... I HOPE THIS IS FAIR USE FOR YOUR MOST HARDCORE FANS DAVE?)