A Request

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Chester Desmond
Roadhouse Member

Re: SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime SPOILERS Thread

Post by Chester Desmond »

Hey people, if any of you have any access to David Lynch or Mark Frost's people I need a favor. My Dad is a Twin Peaks fan and only has weeks left to live.

Earlier this year my father had some fainting spells, migraine headaches, and some issues driving. Turns out he has brain cancer.

They did a scan an found a stage 4 astrocytoma tumor in his right parietal lobe and two much much smaller tumors towards the back of his brain. They successfully removed the stage 4 astrocytoma tumor in his right parietal lobe, and he started chemotherapy and radiation a few weeks later.

Sadly, things did not improve he had issues with swelling which severely impacted his balance, he was disoriented and suffered from aphasia. We put him back in the hospital. The doctors got the swelling under control with steroids and he made a bit of a recovery, that is until last week when these symptoms returned with vigor and we put him in the hospital again. They did more scans and discovered (now that the swelling went down) that one of the two smaller tumors grew aggressively and substantially and that this tumor is inoperable. There is nothing more the doctors can do for him and the doctors give him less than a month to live. He is only 64.

My father is now at home, receiving hospice care (his wife was given the "kit"). He is sedated a lot, but he has long moments of clarity... then he becomes disoriented and the dementia sets in. He is house bound and can't leave the bed or walk.

I don't think he could handle or focus long enough for a private viewing, so I am not asking for that, however I would like to tell him what happens in Season 3 and how it all ends. He is a Twin Peaks fan and some of my happiest memories are of us watching together. Even details of the book would be awesome, something I can tell him.

I have been sharing with him the spoiler information that has been discussed here and has frequently dominated the conversations we had when I took him to the hospital for chemo/radiation pills. It became part of our routine when I would see him daily.

I can of course verify all this very quickly.

I have no contacts, I have contacted Mark Frost on Twitter (hopefully he will reply) but if any of you have a contact you can share via PM or contact on my behalf I would REALLY appreciate it.

If it helps I brought this up with Arbogast months ago when I first learned about my father's diagnosis, he /she can confirm I am not trying to con anyone.

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide.
Hang loose, Houlies
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I can offer nothing others can't, least of all my best wishes but I have those anyway. A close member of my family also fought cancer this year. You're in our thoughts.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Chester Desmond
Roadhouse Member

N. Needleman wrote:I can offer nothing others can't, least of all my best wishes but I have those anyway. A close member of my family also fought cancer this year. You're in our thoughts.
Thank you, it sucks. I never imagined I would lose my Dad this way.

Thinking out loud I don't want to make this thread about my Dad or anything so if this post needs to be moved I understand. I just put here as this is one of the most active threads and well at the end of the day I am looking for exclusive content for my Dad...
Hang loose, Houlies
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

I'm heartbroken to hear this is happening to you. It is to me as well. My father is very very close to passing from Cancer as well. It's been a very long process and he's days away. I just know that it's best he passes, because I cannot stand to see him suffer, or my mother, anymore.

I wish there was something I could offer, but I cannot either. I'd like to think God has the best home theater in the universe up there. That's all I'll say. Blessings to you and your family. In my prayers.
We live inside a dream.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Yeah, this is awful. I lost my grandmother a few years ago, not to Cancer but to a degenerative disease that attacked her nervous system. It was awful to watch someone you love get worse every day and not be able to do anything about it. I hope it won't be too long until your dad finds peace. I can't help you with any TP info either, I'm afraid.
All the best to you and your family.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I feel your pain and share your anguish. My father died of cancer in 2000, a year before I married. Two years before my first child. Before so many things he wanted to experience but was denied. I wish you well in the coming times. May you share this with him in survival. Hold out hope.

I would help if I could.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Chester Desmond
Roadhouse Member

Thanks everyone for your awesome words and sharing your personal experiences.

Thanks to the people who have reached out, my info has been given to Lynch's people. That alone is the most amazing thing, even if nothing comes from it, that people here care enough to do something like that really touches me.

I talked to my father today, I always try to move the topic away from him saying goodbye again, we have said goodbye so many times at this point... He's a musician and loves baseball so those are things I talk about.

Thanks again, it is awesome to be a member of this community.
Hang loose, Houlies
Mrtickle

Post by Mrtickle »

I'm sorry to hear that Chester, it's a very tough thing to go through at any time. And I hope he is able to get the best possible treatment because there are some great things they can do nowadays. My dad has similar brain cancer right now, which is stage 4. So know how you feel mate. Keep talking to him and I hope your wish comes true :wink:
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Chester sending good energy to you and your family, i'm so sorry about this
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
beano
Roadhouse Member

Post by beano »

chester, i am so sorry to hear about your fathers illness and i hope you are able to make some contact with mark and david. i was very moved by your post. although i never watched twin peaks with my dad, i have had so many close relationships over the years that have deepened over our mutual interest of this weird little show. there is a magic in it and i am so happy that you have been able to have that with your dad. you are both in my thoughts and prayers..
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Re: A Request

Post by hopesfall »

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your situation, CD. I do hope something comes out of this, no matter how small. I lost my Mother two years ago to cancer, and my stepfather earlier this year. Mum was a huge fan of Twin Peaks, so watching new episodes next year is going to be incredibly bittersweet.

Best wishes to you and your Father.
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

Just wanna say spend as much time with your family, good times and some secrets mine was not bad I lost my dad, my older sis,so I am wanting to give prayers.thank you for just sharing. spend every moment it's the best you can do cause you'll always cherish that time.

I watched Lynch films with my sis, the main one Muholland Drive, she loved that film. but thought Lynch had a timothy leary vibe a bit? but that's her thoughts.
Chester Desmond
Roadhouse Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

My Dad left us on August 2nd.

People here were good enough to attempt to reach out to David Lynch, my Dad passed quicker than I thought he would so sadly we were not able to make something happen from Lynch's side.

Still the fact that people helped is nothing short of amazing and I will be forever apriciative of that.

Thanks again everyone. May the forest be with you all.
Hang loose, Houlies
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

So sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace. My deepest condolences to you and your family.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

My condolences.