A question regarding heredity

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

asmahan
RR Diner Member

A question regarding heredity

Post by asmahan »

Hello WoB people.
I've been wondering if there has ever been any (real) indication as to which of Laura's parents Maddy Ferguson is related to. I've always assumed Sarah had a sister and that Maddy and Sarah's psychic abilities are passed matrilineally. I haven't read MLMT but apparently the same thing is true of Dale?
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Re: A question regarding heredity

Post by hopesfall »

If memory serves me well, it is on Sarah's side, and I'm not sure whether scenes were written at one point or not, but there were certainly ideas to bring Sarah's sister into the show, displaying some kind of white witch aura about her.

EDIT: Also yes, in MLMT Dale and his Mother shared similar dreams, intuitive thoughts, etc.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I thought the sister-as-twin idea was one Grace Zabriskie pitched.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mace

Post by Mace »

On page 124 of The Essential Wrapped In Plastic, Grace Zabriskie recalls her conversations with Harley Peyton and how she says wanted more background on her character. She was asking for , "...two aunts who had looked preternaturally alike, just as the cousins [Laura & Maddy] did. The two aunts would have been Sarah Palmer and her sister."

It would have been so cool to see Grace Zabriskie playing two parts during Season 2.