Lesli Linka Glatter

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Lesli Linka Glatter

Post by N. Needleman »

Now on the shortlist for Captain Marvel.

Well deserved after decades of making some great TV, though I doubt she'll be the one.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: Lesli Linka Glatter

Post by Panapaok »

It's probably going to be Niki Caro who has experience in the film industry and has made two solid ones (Whale Rider, North Country). But Glatter is a fantastic director with a truly great body of work. She's worked in various quality shows and recently she's done some terrific work in Homeland.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I suspect it'll be Lorene Scafaria. But they're all great choices and I am so thrilled to see Glatter in the mix.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Jeez dude! Be a bit more specific on the thread title! I thought she'd died! ;)
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

Gabriel wrote:Jeez dude! Be a bit more specific on the thread title! I thought she'd died! ;)
Ha, yeah, I had an "uh oh" feeling, too.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

I seem to recall hearing mutters about her and Wonder Woman a couple years back.

She gives good commentary track.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Eater of Iguanas wrote:I seem to recall hearing mutters about her and Wonder Woman a couple years back.
I believe you're confusing her with another great female TV director, Michelle MacLaren (of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones), who was signed to WW and then rather unceremoniously let go. Tricia Brock (TP writer-turned-TV-director) was also an early contender for WW, but I never heard a peep about Glatter being in the running.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Eater of Iguanas wrote:I seem to recall hearing mutters about her and Wonder Woman a couple years back.
I believe you're confusing her with another great female TV director, Michelle MacLaren (of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones), who was signed to WW and then rather unceremoniously let go. Tricia Brock (TP writer-turned-TV-director) was also an early contender for WW, but I never heard a peep about Glatter being in the running.
I'm pretty sure I did hear such a peep - I remember that's being the first time I was aware that she was so active and high profile in TV and so well-regarded. But I can't recall where, or whether it was a "real rumor" or just some internet yacker's idle woolgathering. I think in the same piece Jennifer Kent (of the freaky Aussie horror sleeper THE BABADOOK) was also mentioned.
Harry Dean Lynch

Post by Harry Dean Lynch »

Get a real buzz everytime I see Glatter's name pop up as directing a episode of TV. She really has done a what's what of great television. When you see what a great CV she now has its no surprise that she cut her teeth on a Lynch project. Just a shame that she never did anything in films.