Supernaturalism / Occultism in Twin Peaks

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Re: Supernaturalism / Occultism in Twin Peaks

Post by StrangerDanger »

secretlettermkr wrote:Cameron Parsons appears in this masterpiece by the genius Kenneth Anger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgnRr170ERM
And here's her marvelous artwork: http://deitch.nyc/

Love the artwork. The Kenneth Anger film flew right over my head though! I don't see how it relates to the good and evil in real life ... the Kenneth Anger film seemed a wee bit esoteric.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

I'm beginning to think that Lynch didn't completely understand his works himself. However, his works are coherent, the elements dovetail with each other and are exquisite in their complexity.

I suppose that through his meditative practices, David Lynch made his mind like a polished mirror that was able to manifest theophanies and dare i coin the word, diablophanies. Maybe they were still abstract and artistically represented, like vast stained glass windows, but they were complete.

What l would like to know is:
- Did David Lynch come up with the plot of Twin Peaks and other works, through transcendental meditation?
- Does he completely understand the plot of Twin Peaks himself?
- Does he approve or disapprove of psychedelics? I guess he would disapprove because psychedelics would manifest an unprepared, unpolished, unworthy mind with imagery that is in itself less than coherent anyway. In fact, l think that somehow, drinking coffee is the polar opposite of taking psychedelics, and if transcendental meditation is the antithesis of the psychedelic experience, then perhaps drinking coffee is conducive toward transcendental meditation - maybe drinking coffee is his metaphor for transcendental meditation?
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

StrangerDanger wrote: - Does he approve or disapprove of psychedelics?
His take on drugs: "“We all want expanded consciousness and bliss. It's a natural, human desire. And a lot of people look for it in drugs. But the problem is that the body, the physiology, takes a hard hit on drugs. Drugs injure the nervous system, so they just make it harder to get those experiences on your own.
I have smoked marijuana, but I no longer do. I went to art school in the 1960s, so you an imagine what was going on. Yet my friends were the ones who said, "No, no, no, David, don't you take those drugs." I was pretty lucky.
Besides, far more profound experiences are available naturally. When your consciousness stars expanding, those experiences are there. All those things can be seen. It's just a matter of expanding that ball of consciousness. And the ball of consciousness can expand to be infinite and unbounded. It's totality. You can have totality. So all those experiences are there for you, without the side effects of drugs.”"