Which actors from the Lynch Universe will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Which actors from the Lynch Universe will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

Bonnie Aarons (Mulholland Drive)
22%
Patricia Arquette (Lost Highway)
4%
Robert Blake (Lost Highway)
8%
Nicolas Cage (Wild at Heart)
No votes
Willem Dafoe (Wild at Heart)
No votes
Melissa George (Mulholland Drive)
No votes
Crispin Glover (Wild at Heart)
2%
Laura Elena Harring (Mulholland Drive)
24%
Anthony Hopkins (Elephant Man)
No votes
John Hurt (Elephant Man)
No votes
Jeremy Irons (Inland Empire)
2%
Diane Ladd (Wild at Heart)
6%
Virginia Madsen (Dune)
No votes
Laurel Near (Eraserhead)
No votes
Bill Pullman (Lost Highway)
8%
Isabella Rosselini (Blue Velvet)
4%
Sissy Spacek (The Straight Story)
No votes
Dean Stockwell (Blue Velvet)
12%
Justin Theroux (Mulholland Drive)
4%
Other
2%

Total votes: 49
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

It is unfathomable that there will be no casting surprises in the new season of Twin Peaks.

Here is a list of 19 living actors who have all worked with David Lynch, and who I consider to be a part of the Lynch Universe. None of these actors were on the cast list of 217 released by David Lynch on April 25, 2016.

Choose 3 actors who you hope make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks. The poll function on this site only allows 20 choices per poll, so someone you're hoping for may not be on this list. In that case, please choose "Other" and write in your choice.
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Re: Which actors from the Lynch Universe will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

Post by secretlettermkr »

Bonnie Aarons is allein the new season
Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Which actors from the Lynch Universe will make surprise cameos in Season 3 of Twin Peaks?

Post by Ross »

secretlettermkr wrote:Bonnie Aarons is in the new season
Do we really know this? It was rumored here, but then she wasn't on the list. And she personally denied it. But she certainly could be in it.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

You are right, its not in the cast list. But I recall seeing her in some lists. My bad
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

secretlettermkr wrote:You are right, its not in the cast list. But I recall seeing her in some lists. My bad
And she still might be- I don't recall where the rumors came from.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

My instincts tell me we'll see Laura Harring. Not sure about the rest, but I was legitimately surprised that with all those names, Harring wasn't on the list.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Either Aarons or Harring could appear in some capacity. Especially the former, since she was rumored for quite some time.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

All my heartfelt hopes for Bonnie Aarons, though I wonder what the point of concealing non-returning characters would be. Non-speaking roles maybe?
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

I think the point of any surprise cameo would be to generate interest for the general public and additional excitement for the fans.

A cameo from Bonnie Aarons could work a few different ways. The day after her cameo, the press would probably run several stories about her and her role in Mulholland Drive, accompanied by a video showing her terrifying scene. That story could interest people who had seen Mulholland Drive, and inspire them to turn on Twin Peaks. It could also encourage new fans of Twin Peaks to check out the films of Lynch.

A surprise appearance by one of the bigger names on this list would probably generate a huge amount of buzz for Twin Peaks.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

I really should have included Sting from Dune on this list!!!