Question About the Different Twin Peaks Blu Ray Versions

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Dream Man
Roadhouse Member

Question About the Different Twin Peaks Blu Ray Versions

Post by The Dream Man »

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out the difference between these two releases:

http://store.sho.com/twin-peaks-the-ent ... eaks_media

or

http://store.sho.com/twin-peaks-the-ori ... eaks_media

The description reads like they contain the exact same material, however the first link is double the price of the second. The first link also contains 10 discs, whereas the second link only has 9. If you look on Amazon have that second link as having a release date of Sep 2016...so re-release?

Sorry if this has been discussed.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Question About the Different Twin Peaks Blu Ray Versions

Post by Jerry Horne »

The newer edition is lacking the final disc and most if not all of the special features.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Twin-Peaks ... eces/22466
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
The Dream Man
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Dream Man »

Jerry Horne wrote:The newer edition is lacking the final disc and most if not all of the special features.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Twin-Peaks ... eces/22466
You da best. Thanks, Jer!
Johnsusername
Roadhouse Member

Post by Johnsusername »

Hmm, I'd need to check when I get home, but I've got the more recent cheaper version and I'm 99% certain it has the ten discs - 1-8 are TV series, 9 is FWWM and Missing Pieces, and 10 is something like Bonus material or Special Features.

The only reason I didn't get the original version if that my younger bro got it as a Christmas present and doesn't actually like it so i'll take it off his hands :)
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Johnsusername wrote:Hmm, I'd need to check when I get home, but I've got the more recent cheaper version and I'm 99% certain it has the ten discs - 1-8 are TV series, 9 is FWWM and Missing Pieces, and 10 is something like Bonus material or Special Features.
Did you buy it in the US or UK/EU? I bought the cheaper set released in the UK which included the tenth disc making the disc content identical to "The Entire Mystery". I think the US re-release excludes the tenth disc but keeps everything the same... considering that the announcement suggests The entire mystery is still an active SKU they must have deliberately left the disc out on the new collection to give the entire mystery more value. From what I've gathered the UK Entire Mystery has been discontinued so it makes sense for the cheaper set to have all of it included.
Johnsusername
Roadhouse Member

Post by Johnsusername »

indyit wrote:
Johnsusername wrote:Hmm, I'd need to check when I get home, but I've got the more recent cheaper version and I'm 99% certain it has the ten discs - 1-8 are TV series, 9 is FWWM and Missing Pieces, and 10 is something like Bonus material or Special Features.
Did you buy it in the US or UK/EU? I bought the cheaper set released in the UK which included the tenth disc making the disc content identical to "The Entire Mystery". I think the US re-release excludes the tenth disc but keeps everything the same... considering that the announcement suggests The entire mystery is still an active SKU they must have deliberately left the disc out on the new collection to give the entire mystery more value. From what I've gathered the UK Entire Mystery has been discontinued so it makes sense for the cheaper set to have all of it included.
UK. Ok, that makes sense.