How To Watch Season 3 in The U.S.

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

How To Watch Season 3 in The U.S.

Post by mtwentz »

I just thought it would be good to put this in a separate thread, because there is some confusion sometimes on the pros and cons of ways of getting Showtime and being able to watch the new series in the U.S., so here, I'll give it a crack.

The ways to get Showtime are:

1. Through your cable subscription, which includes free access to the Showtime Anytime app
Pros: If you have cable T.V. anyway, this makes the most sense.
Cons: If you don't have cable T.V., it's a lot of money to pay just to get Showtime.

2. Showtime Streaming App (different than Showtime Anytime app)
Pros: You can watch on demand and you can stream Showtime live.
Cons: A little pricey at $10.99 per month. Also, you will need a Roku or other device to stream through your television.

3. Showtime Add-On (Hulu or Amazon)
Pros: Less expensive than option 2.
Cons: No Live Streaming, you'll have to watch the next day or whenever each episode is added to the queue.

Personally, I don't have or want cable, so No. 2 is the best option. If you are really tight for money, you might choose option 3, but you will have to wait up to a day after the episode airs live before you can see it.

And just to repeat what's been made clear elsewhere, as far as I know, Showtime is not available in any other country.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: How To Watch Season 3 in The U.S.

Post by Mordeen »

Showtime has a hot item on its hands that has major international appeal. They should hear from the out of market people making robust arguments for opening up some form of additional international streaming option.

-Mordeen

Edited for compliance.
Last edited by Mordeen on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moving Through Time. . .
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Please note: Discussion of illegal streaming is not allowed on this forum.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mibbler
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mibbler »

I miss those times when life was much more simple and all you had to do was wait for a weekly episode to be aired...
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

mtwentz wrote: 3. Showtime Add-On (Hulu or Amazon)
Cons: No Live Streaming, you'll have to watch the next day or whenever each episode is added to the queue.

I just want to point out that Showtime can be streamed live through Amazon's Showtime deal.

From their FAQ page (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =201975120), it says:
Showtime and Starz Channels also feature live streaming, which gives you the option to watch programming on supported devices the same time as the TV broadcast.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

LonelySoul wrote:
mtwentz wrote: 3. Showtime Add-On (Hulu or Amazon)

I just want to point out that Showtime can be streamed live through Amazon's Showtime deal.

From their FAQ page (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer ... =201975120), it says:
Showtime and Starz Channels also feature live streaming, which gives you the option to watch programming on supported devices the same time as the TV broadcast.
Thanks for catching that!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly