Official Thread - TCA Announcement - Twin Peaks on Showtime May 21st

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

Mordeen wrote:No trailer. Themed teasers possible. If true. . .

. . .pure mystery until 5/21. Killer.

-Mordeen
And I'm fine with that.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Again, that's second or thirdhand from TV Line (and no one else, thus far).

I'm not convinced. I guess we'll see.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Harry S. Truman wrote:This is the problem when you have too high expectations regarding a topic. If the expected does not come, comes the low of confidence with respect to that subject. It has happened to me with this one, several times more. Not punishment.
What did you want, a screening of the whole series as a surprise gift on your iPhone? As you can see we're all perfectly fine about getting at least the release date.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Cool little TCA PDF for the panel tonight with actor bios :)
http://pressexpress.sho.com/TCA/showtim ... nPeaks.pdf
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I'd also like to point out that just announcing a release date has broken the Internet.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
DangerMo

Post by DangerMo »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:Euro TP'ers who won't be able to watch the show on cable TV... how will you handle this? Showtime subscription, online streaming, torrents???
I'm terribly sorry to admit but : I'll be using my homemade Kodi box to stream the content... illegally...
But I won't feel like a thief since Showtime wouldn't take my money anymway since they cannot properly stream to my country. Plus, the show will most definitely be shown here and with a 90% chance on a free channel. And there's no way I'm gonna wait for a broadcasr here, since in theses days and age there's too many chances I will get my watching pleasure spoiled on the web or in some magazines I'm reading...

The people involved in the show will get my money when I buy the boxsets coming out on Blu Ray, then the Gold Box versions of it, and then the Entire Mystery version of it. I've already got a shelf filled with all iterations of the movie and both seasons.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

N. Needleman wrote:Again, that's second or thirdhand from TV Line (and no one else, thus far).

I'm not convinced. I guess we'll see.
Yeah, the writer seemed to have drawn his own conclusions there. We'll see what the panel has to say. And don't forget what Frost had to say about teasers.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

mtwentz wrote:What does one make of the 'pure heroin version'. Are we going into Inland Empire territory :-) ?
One can dream!

The style of Inland Empire + grounding of Mark Frost would be phenomenal.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

That sounds like 16 episodes, 18 hours.
Following the TV premiere, Showtime subscribers can watch the third and fourth hours of “Twin Peaks” on Showtime’s streaming service, Showtime Anytime, and Showtime On Demand. In the second week on TV, the third and fourth hours will air back-to-back on the network, starting at 9 p.m. One-hour episodes will air in subsequent weeks.
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/twin-pe ... 201956472/
Last edited by Panapaok on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Cool little TCA PDF for the panel tonight with actor bios :)
http://pressexpress.sho.com/TCA/showtim ... nPeaks.pdf
What happened to Miguel Ferrer?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Boy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Boy »

I'm perfectly happy with teasers from the creators. Keep the mystery alive till May 21.
Teasers all gazoline and the series full heroin!
TimG

Post by TimG »

DangerMo wrote:
Here Comes That Bob wrote:Euro TP'ers who won't be able to watch the show on cable TV... how will you handle this? Showtime subscription, online streaming, torrents???
I'm terribly sorry to admit but : I'll be using my homemade Kodi box to stream the content... illegally...
But I won't feel like a thief since Showtime wouldn't take my money anymway since they cannot properly stream to my country. Plus, the show will most definitely be shown here and with a 90% chance on a free channel. And there's no way I'm gonna wait for a broadcasr here, since in theses days and age there's too many chances I will get my watching pleasure spoiled on the web or in some magazines I'm reading...

The people involved in the show will get my money when I buy the boxsets coming out on Blu Ray, then the Gold Box versions of it, and then the Entire Mystery version of it. I've already got a shelf filled with all iterations of the movie and both seasons.
Yeah, I feel the same way. I'll happily spend my money on a Showtime account, but it's just not possible.
Netflix does have a few Showtime shows, but I highly doubt that Twin Peaks will be directly available...
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
frankenhooker

Post by frankenhooker »

mtwentz wrote:What does one make of the 'pure heroin version'. Are we going into Inland Empire territory :-) ?
Oh God I hope so, on the Lynchian scale I've always been more Inland Empire than say Wild At Heart. Can see this changing the television landscape...again.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Congrats, everyone! It's finally in our sights. (I also realized that I will likely be on a cruise ship on May 21, and if the Internet is not strong enough to download the episode on the app, I will throw myself overboard.)
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"