Official Thread - TCA Announcement - Twin Peaks on Showtime May 21st

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Panapaok »

I think they've finished editing. Duwayne Dunham said in Brad's podcast back in the fall that he was finished with the show. And now Nevins said that they have seen it all. Lynch is probably still working on scoring and sound mixing. I bet he'll be tinkering with those for the next couple of months for sure.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Panapaok wrote:I think they've finished editing. Duwayne Dunham said in Brad's podcast back in the fall that he was finished with the show. And now Nevins said that they have seen it all. Lynch is probably still working on scoring and sound mixing. I bet he'll be tinkering with those for the next couple of months for sure.
What I wouldn't give to see some of the scoring sessions!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

VFX or no VFX, my best guess would be that there's a lot of work on sound left to do.

The phenomenal sound in the convenience store scene of the Missing Pieces bodes very, very well for S3.
crossoverman

Post by crossoverman »

I wonder if they are saying 18 hours because they still don't know how many episodes it will be. Or they want to surprise us with the schedule.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

bob_wooler wrote:Montages, a Norwegian online movie magazine, speculates if Lynch will show up with the two first hours at the Cannes film festival, as it coincides with the premiere date. Could be into something.
Now that would just be marvelous.
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

I'm interested that they seem to have edited 18 hours of footage in such a short time. That's a lot. A LOT.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I've been thinking the same thing actually. As much as we've been cursing the lengthy gestation, it really is not that long considering the scale of the undertaking. At the back of my mind is the fear that the result needs longer to cook, except I trust everyone involved too much to be seriously concerned.

I'm certainly not surprised at the quote that there is lots of work still to do.
dunkrag
Roadhouse Member

Post by dunkrag »

douglasb wrote:I'm interested that they seem to have edited 18 hours of footage in such a short time. That's a lot. A LOT.
There is no way in hell every episode is complete and ready on the shelf waiting for May.. First of all what would the point in waiting be? They would get it on air and have started the marketing push 6 months ago..

Showtime will have seen the offline lock, maybe.. Grading, onlining scoring, mixing, - that will easily take the next 5 months for 18 hours worth of material..
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

underthefan wrote:I thought about that, too. Nevins was likely referring to seeing locked picture (meaning picture editing is finished), but audio design, mixing, mastering, ADR, any CGI or other visual effects, color correction, etc. may still need to be completed and will take months, especially knowing how much attention Lynch gives to sound in his work. That would make the most sense.
This makes Nevins' "pure heroin" comment even more exciting. That's his assessment without even having the full cinematic experience.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Is there a good article summarizing the TCA that quotes as many Lynch answers as possible? I wanted to show Lynch's amazing answers to a friend (and the cast's as well, if possible, but mostly Lynch's and I don't know where to start...
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

laughingpinecone wrote:Is there a good article summarizing the TCA that quotes as many Lynch answers as possible? I wanted to show Lynch's amazing answers to a friend (and the cast's as well, if possible, but mostly Lynch's and I don't know where to start...
This on from Adweek by Jason Lynch have almost every quote from David Lynch and is the best I have found:

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/d ... aks-175450
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

NightTimeMyTime wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:Is there a good article summarizing the TCA that quotes as many Lynch answers as possible? I wanted to show Lynch's amazing answers to a friend (and the cast's as well, if possible, but mostly Lynch's and I don't know where to start...
This on from Adweek by Jason Lynch have almost every quote from David Lynch and is the best I have found:

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/d ... aks-175450
Thank you kindly! :D
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

"reclusive"?

J.D. Salinger is reclusive- David Lynch I would not consider in that category.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

"Mark lives in Ohio" :lol:

Err, Ojai