Official Thread - TCA Announcement - Twin Peaks on Showtime May 21st

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Re: Official Thread - TCA Announcement - Twin Peaks on Showtime May 21st

Post by Rainwater »

eyeboogers wrote:
Rainwater wrote:We don't really know anything concrete about their release schedule. They've also been avoiding the word "episodes", instead using "hours" and now "parts". That has to mean something.
Well, we know officially that it is 2 parts on the first sunday, 2 parts on the following sunday and then it switches to 1 part per week.
Yeah, we do know that much, but there could easily be a summer break at some point. Or.. maybe they simply don't care, which is somewhat less likely.
I would also expect a 2-part finale.
I'll see you in the trees
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

It,s official!! The third Season will arrive to Spain on May, 22th!!! Episode of 2 hours of duration also. :D :D :D
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

Harry S. Truman wrote:It,s official!! The third Season will arrive to Spain on May, 22th!!! Episode of 2 hours of duration also. :D :D :D
Congratulations, Harry (and Spain)!

I would expect most territories where distribution is planned will try to get it out as close as possible to the same time it drops in North America, just to ride the wave of buzz and avoid spoilers.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

Harry S. Truman wrote:It,s official!! The third Season will arrive to Spain on May, 22th!!! Episode of 2 hours of duration also. :D :D :D
You must feel a big sigh of relief!!!!
-23-
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

On which network?
"Your log and I are on the same page."
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

When asked why, despite an enormous cast, some original actors did not return, including Michael Ontkean and Lara Flynn Boyle, Lynch did not offer specifics but indicated that he and those cast members more or less came to a mutual agreement about the project going forward without them. “It’s a little bit of both,” he replied when asked whether it was he or the actors who came to the decision.

And Lynch reiterated what he has said in the past, that he never wanted to reveal the killer of Laura Palmer, the homecoming queen whose murder set in motion the plot for the original “Twin Peaks.” (Executives at ABC, which aired the original series, had other ideas about tying up loose ends.) But the Palmer mystery remains at the heart of the new series.

http://www.theintelligencer.com/enterta ... 846254.php
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Why are you reposting different links for the same clickbait, poorly sourced article?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

N. Needleman wrote:Why are you reposting different links for the same clickbait, poorly sourced article?
Geez, lately it's like walking on eggshells around here :roll:

I don't know which sites are clickbait. I thought i'd share. No bad intent.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

crazyscottishguy wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:Why are you reposting different links for the same clickbait, poorly sourced article?

It's just that some of us waste more time here than others :-) the things you shared have been posted around 80 times at this point, which you wouldnt know if you don't check the site very often, but best to do a quick search.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

crazyscottishguy wrote:

I wouldn't be quite so brusque if it wasn't the same nothing article appearing on a completely different site. How did you happen to find it twice?
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Eater of Iguanas wrote:
Congratulations, Harry (and Spain)!

I would expect most territories where distribution is planned will try to get it out as close as possible to the same time it drops in North America, just to ride the wave of buzz and avoid spoilers.
Thank You Very Much!! Of Course, the May 21th, I don´t will be here in the fórum. I want to see the first chapter without know nothing. :lol: :lol:
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

MoondogJR wrote:
On which network?
Movistar Series XTRA. Is a payment chanell like showtime.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

marchug wrote:
You must feel a big sigh of relief!!!!
Yes!! The series will be issued very very near of United States!! Was my only concern.
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

N. Needleman wrote:
crazyscottishguy wrote:

I wouldn't be quite so brusque if it wasn't the same nothing article appearing on a completely different site. How did you happen to find it twice?
It wasn't the same article and i didn't happen to find it twice. One was from International Business Times and the other one from the Edwardsville Intelligencer.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

The point is, it's basically the same information repeated from the TCAs which we've already covered extensively. Both sites appear to be clickbait aggregators which simply repackage existing information as well as old rumors or bad IMDB data to generate traffic. I just think we should keep those links from being posted to mislead people.