Official Thread - Twin Peaks - Jan 13 - Kyle Returns Promo

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: Official Thread - Twin Peaks - Jan 13 - Kyle Returns Promo

Post by Soolsma »

This is great!! ... My internet is closed off for a couple of days and they start dropping stuff like this :o

So...

Good Dale or Bad Dale..? No idea whether Bad Dale is still FBI but somehow I don't see Good Dale changing clothes in the lodge.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

If the series takes place shortly after TSHOTP, then Cooper should still be missing and probably without any FBI official lapels.

I still expect Cooper to have the clothes from the "25 years later" dream at some point. Was the FBI lapel one of the three seen on this jacket or not?
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

CuriousWoman wrote:If the series takes place shortly after TSHOTP, then Cooper should still be missing and probably without any FBI official lapels.

I still expect Cooper to have the clothes from the "25 years later" dream at some point. Was the FBI lapel one of the three seen on this jacket or not?
The three dream lapels are a flame, a sort of crown and a rectangle of some kind!
What about the tie? Black tie is FWWM tie to me, but is it also his ep29 tie?
Expression and pin point toward good Dale for me too! Especially since, yeah, we know that bad Dale ain't FBI anymore. (Although technically, if he went AWOL it's not like anyone confiscated his badge)
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
the woods
Roadhouse Member

Post by the woods »

i agree. i went back and watched epi 29 again last night, and the reddish color of the road seems conistent with the road to glastonbury grove when windom pulls up with annie. if that is the case, then to me, that would imply the good dale. but i'm just speculating of course.
next step: rocket science!
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

After watching this thing several times last night, I had a pretty elaborate dream: Coop emerges from the lodge somewhere in the world, but he has no memory of who he is or where he's been (ala Mulholland Drive). All he knows is that he's drawn to Twin Peaks, and the rest is a series of adventures on his way back there. Meanwhile the evil Coop is either locked up or on a rampage somewhere, it wasn't clear. Anyway, a few seconds of footage made quite an impression...
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Footage or no, I'm not getting any Bad Dale vibes from it. I see a sadness in his face befitting a tragic life, the story of which, I think, we can expect to unfold in the new series.
I'll see you in the trees
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Post by OrsonWelles »

The Jumping Man wrote:After watching this thing several times last night, I had a pretty elaborate dream: Coop emerges from the lodge somewhere in the world, but he has no memory of who he is or where he's been (ala Mulholland Drive). All he knows is that he's drawn to Twin Peaks, and the rest is a series of adventures on his way back there. Meanwhile the evil Coop is either locked up or on a rampage somewhere, it wasn't clear. Anyway, a few seconds of footage made quite an impression...
That would be wonderful actually.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

Yeah, I also think that's good Dale.

His story has indeed the potential to be an emotionally driven tragedy, something that Lynch has proven to do very well with Mulholland Dr. Now, the Lodge was always an entity that defied time - Cooper may have aged 25 years and 25 years have passed in the real world, but being in the Lodge, he won't necessarily feel those 25 years. Which might have an interesting dynamic once he goes back to Twin Peaks and sees that a lot has changed without him, not to mention there's a lunatic doppelganger of his out there as well (though, can two Dales really be in one world?).

Fire Walk With Me turned Laura from an object to a subject. The new Twin Peaks, I hope, may turn Cooper from a benevolent observer of the old show into a tragic figure not unlike Laura in FWWM. And there's already some hype creeping in about MacLachlan's performance and how it is the best of his career (got that from a source here) so I'm hoping big things in that department.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

djerdap wrote:(though, can two Dales really be in one world?).
I've always thought there's only one physical body to inhabit, as I said in the doppelgänger thread, so the good Dale leaving the Lodge would mean the departure of the bad Dale from our world, leaving poor Coop to deal with the consequences of whatever happened in those 25 years.
As for a more expressive performance - we didn't get much emotional range from him in the original series - just imagining Dale breaking down into tears already gives me shivers.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

laughingpinecone wrote:
CuriousWoman wrote:If the series takes place shortly after TSHOTP, then Cooper should still be missing and probably without any FBI official lapels.

The three dream lapels are a flame, a sort of crown and a rectangle of some kind!
Expression and pin point toward good Dale for me too! Especially since, yeah, we know that bad Dale ain't FBI anymore. (Although technically, if he went AWOL it's not like anyone confiscated his badge)
The three lapel pins are, from top to bottom:
- A masonic logo pin
- A flame
- A 25-year military service bar

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Mordeen wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:

- A masonic logo pin
- A flame

-Mordeen
Did he get drafted while in the Lodge?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

It's a red bar with a 25 on it. Rather symbolic.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Mordeen wrote:
laughingpinecone wrote:

- A masonic logo pin
- A flame

-Mordeen
those pins couldn't have been random, yet I don't think Lynch knew exactly what he was filming when they did the first RR scene. i hope they resurface!
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

Mordeen wrote:It's a red bar with a 25 on it. Rather symbolic.

-Mordeen
That is way too cool! :O
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

Metamorphia wrote:No, I'm pretty confident it's Good Coop. It looks somewhat like The Lodge and on top of that he has the kind of sensitive vibe we associate with Coop prior to the finale. He also seems a bit sad.
Definitely good Coop.
We live inside a dream.