Harley Peyton AMA on Reddit Teusday 1/24/17 @ 3 PM EST

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Harley Peyton AMA on Reddit Teusday 1/24/17 @ 3 PM EST

Post by LonelySoul »

Peyton has agreed to do an AMA with us over on Reddit. This is just a PSA. :-)

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... ey_peyton/
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Harley Peyton AMA on Reddit Teusday 1/24/17 @ 3 PM EST

Post by N. Needleman »

Peyton and Engels are both crazy talented and don't get enough credit for basically running the show while Lynch and Frost were away. Their rich dialogue, humor and ideas helped make so much of TP what it was. By their own admission they got too deep into comic stuff in the middle of Season 2 post-rewrites and made mistakes, but few talents haven't. They were still a fundamental part of the creative team. Peyton's other work is also really excellent.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I agree with Needleman wholeheartedly! That's why I'm also a little sad this revival is happening without them... Too bad.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

This revival belongs to Lynch and Frost.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Well, an odd nod to some of their old friends who helped make Twin Peaks a phenomenon it is today wouldn't hurt. All the more if this upcoming batch of eps is indeed the final word on TP.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

BUMP just as a friendly reminder for tomorrow.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Good job reddit TP team :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Somehow unable to post a question there :/ Am I too late?

Edit: Derp. I'm derping again. Thanks LonelySoul for helping out anyway.

The AMA's going nicely so far. :D
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

It just dawned on me that your Reddit name is just your Dugpa name backwards. We're all having issues today.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Really happy with this answer, so funny :D
/u/amloos... that's Soolsma wrote:So I get that you and Frost originally wrote the script for the season 2 finale together. Lynch didn't like what you and Frost did and made alterations (took out some stuff about a corn field, a sword and stuff about Earle sitting on a throne I believe). In the end, do you like what Lynch has done to the episode or would you have preferred what you and Frost originally had in mind?
Harley Peyton wrote:We originally wrote the finale together. Then word started trickling back that David was going on a David Walkabout and making some changes. I reacted with ire and outrage -- until i saw the episode. Then I was just in awe. Now that doesn't always work, and David some times had difficulty with the linear nature of episodic storytelling. But that finale was one of the best hours of TV I've ever seen.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

LonelySoul wrote:It just dawned on me that your Reddit name is just your Dugpa name backwards. We're all having issues today.
"One chants out between two worlds" :wink:

That and Soolsma was taken on reddit
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

There need to be more people asking questions so we don't all feel like double and triple dippers.