Miguel Ferrer Has Died

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Re: Miguel Ferrer Has Died

Post by Esselgee »

Sad to think to think that two out of the four actors featured in FWWM's FBI office scene are gone.

CompletelySilent
Roadhouse Member

Post by CompletelySilent »

May you rest in peace Miguel Ferrer. You will be loved and missed. My condolences to his friends and family.
Diane! I'm holding in my hands a small box of chocolate bunnies.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Too many "In Memoriam." Bittersweet indeed.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
evwalk99

Post by evwalk99 »

RIP Miguel... gone way too soon.

Someone make sure Warren Frost is safe and protect him.
Adolphus
Roadhouse Member

Post by Adolphus »

Bummer- R.I.P. Miguel
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

MacLachlan's tweet sealed it for me, I started bawling on my tablet and only barely stopped when I exported the drawing. RIP good sir, your work has touched many people and lives on.
Attachments
rip miguel ferrer.png
rip miguel ferrer.png (59.23 KiB) Viewed 10327 times
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

RIP Miguel, you will be dearly missed :(.
The cow jumped over the moon.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

So sad to hear this. I have tears rolling down my cheeks. He was such a great guy. May his soul be in peace
tmrbhtt

Post by tmrbhtt »

Truly saddened by this. He was a spark of magic in Twin Peaks... His delivery of "I love you Sheriff Truman" and its proceeding dialogue is one of my favourite scenes in TP... The delivery and cadence of Albert Rosenfeld exemplifies his talent and is something we can all cherish, a true legend and I’m saddened by his loss.
Robot Butler
RR Diner Member

Post by Robot Butler »

Very saddened. Albert was a misunderstood hero and one of my favorite characters.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Heartbreaking news about MF. I recently rewatched 'On the Air' as part of my all-Lynch pre-TP build-up. His "Bud" Budwaller character is the only part of that show that actually makes me laugh. Yes, he was essentially doing the exact same Albert shtick, but he did it SO damn well. Albert was one of the most principled characters on the show. I look forward to his no doubt brilliant dramatic and comedic contributions to this season. We are indeed fortunate that he lived long enough and was healthy enough to film.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Such unexpected news, and so sad. I'm really looking forward to seeing his brilliant work again in Season 3.

I'm not sure if Miguel did any Twin Peaks fan events, but if anyone here interacted with him in person, now would be a great time to share some stories. In interviews, he always seems like such a class act, a true gentleman.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

RIP

In terms of the new Twin Peaks, it's odd how Ferrer and Coulson just made it in, and Bowie just missed it. With a cast this big there is always the risk of losing someone, but who would have believed at the outset of this project that before it even aired we'd have lost the actors behind characters as prominent in the Twin Peaks pantheon as Phillip Jeffries, Margaret Lanterman, and Albert Rosenfeld?

Let's pray that we can make it through the broadcast run (at least) without any more tragedies befalling the cast.

I'm happy that Miguel Ferrer got to be immortalized in one last piece of art which will no doubt be seen and enjoyed by countless people for decades to come.
vanderohe

Post by vanderohe »

Rest in Peace, Miguel!
>>>>two and two do not always equal four >>>>
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

Very sad and unexpected. He was a great actor, and I am very much looking forward to his new work in S3. I'm glad he at least got to shoot that.

Also, as has been mentioned, it feels odd how many prominent cast members of TP and/or FWWM have died lately (or even in general). Though I suspect that any show/film will inevitably have a decent amount of cast/crew pass away after 25-27 years...

Edit: Actually, now that I think of it, not that many prominent TP cast members have died. Ferrer, Coulson, Davis, Nance, Bowie and Silva are the only ones I can recall off the top of my head. Not counting folks who were quite old when the show aired, like John Boylan.