Miguel Ferrer Has Died

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Sidgwick
Roadhouse Member

Re: Miguel Ferrer Has Died

Post by Sidgwick »

This is devastating. Ferrer was one of those actors who could crystallise his character in seconds. I'm thinking now about Rosenflower shaking his head at Andy flailing about in the S2 premiere. Hilariously pithy, but you can even feel some disappointment in it. Love, even.

Goddamnit.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

:( R.I.P. Mr. Ferrer.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Johnsusername
Roadhouse Member

Post by Johnsusername »

Very sad. Rest in peace Miguel.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Watching the new series will be happy and sad at the same time. Rest easy Agent Rosenflowers. I'll see you in the trees.
Roomservice...
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

While Albert Rosenfield is undoubtedly his THE role for me, I'll also always remember him as the devil's henchman Lloyd Henreid from TV miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's epic novel The Stand and as Richard Dees, the doomed tabloid journalist protagonist from another Stephen King adaptation, The Night Flier. Oh, and his brief appearance really enlivened the failed yet somewhat underrated horror flick The Guardian, directed by William Friedkin of The Exorcist fame.

Yeah, this is really a sad day for all fans of Twin Peaks. It's funny: for years, hell, decades, even, the series was really lucky in terms of how many of its main actors went on living (out of the main ones, only Silva, Nance and Davis had passed on, and this spread out through the two whole decades after the show went off the air). But as the near-mythical third season approaches, they seem to be dropping like flies... Uncanny's what it is!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Highllama

Post by Highllama »

^^^
That's beautiful, krishan!
@Agent Earle: I remember him from The Stand, too! Thanks for the reminder. - a highlight role in that miniseries , IMO

Rewatching TP now and just finished his last episode S02 - Its a true gift that we get to see him in the upcoming series, so sad to hear of his passing. Rest in peace, Mr. Ferrer.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Highllama wrote:^^^
That's beautiful, krishan!
@Agent Earle: I remember him from The Stand, too! Thanks for the reminder. - a highlight role in that miniseries , IMO

Rewatching TP now and just finished his last episode S02 - Its a true gift that we get to see him in the upcoming series, so sad to hear of his passing. Rest in peace, Mr. Ferrer.
Thanks a lot!!!
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

I must confess I've lost a little enthusiasm for Season 3 now. I know it's only temporary, but it's hard to think about anything but Miguel now.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

laughingpinecone wrote:MacLachlan's tweet sealed it for me, I started bawling on my tablet and only barely stopped when I exported the drawing. RIP good sir, your work has touched many people and lives on.
Amazing art !!!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 2.57.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 2.57.47 PM.png (165.13 KiB) Viewed 12072 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

http://deadline.com/2017/01/david-lynch ... 201890957/

Includes a lovely new (to me, at least) photo of Miguel on-set of the new TP.

Ugh, what a week.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I watched The Night Flier again last night after 10 years in remembrance of him - what a neat actor! His cyncal, despicable turn as the unscrupulous bloodhound of a sleazy, world-weary tabloid journalist constitutes about 90 % of the enjoyment to be had from the movie (not that it's a bad movie, but even so).

Also remembered that he was one of my favorite Disney villains ever - he lent his voice to Shan Yu, the bloodthirsty leader of the Hun army invading ancient China. Miguel's deep, raspy vocal paints an enxcellently savory baddie, easily rivaling Jeremy Irons' turn as The Lion King's Scar.

On a side note, I'm wondering if Lynch was aware of the seriousness of Ferrer's condition. Maybe that's why he let him have the opening word in that S3 trailer that has a bunch of Twin Peaks actors appearing...
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

Terrible news. His performance as Albert Rosenfield was a highlight in a show filled with highlights. :(
Rebel
Great Northern Member

Post by Rebel »

:( dunno what else to say :( been away for awhile and jeez! have no words, just shocked and wanna give prayers to family.