Watching Season 3 Around the World

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Re: Watching Season 3 Around the World

Post by TweetPeak »

To get Sky Atlantic HD via Sky Ticket in Germany you subscribe to Entertainment Package. Theres some good prices for New customers you might check These First. I had three month for the price of one (9,99€)
FrostedCherries

Post by FrostedCherries »

TweetPeak wrote:To get Sky Atlantic HD via Sky Ticket in Germany you subscribe to Entertainment Package. Theres some good prices for New customers you might check These First. I had three month for the price of one (9,99€)
This sounds like my very initial plan, thanks for confirming it's part of the Entertainment package! I might give them a call some time next month to see whether they have an attractive offer for starving Peaksies ...
"J'ai une âme solitaire."
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

theres an offer till the end of May, and that is 1€ for the month. from june you will pay 9,99 - so theres no need to wait !
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

Argos in the UK are currently offering a Now box for £20 which comes with a 6 month entertainment pass.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Dalai Cooper wrote:You can play Now Tv on your computer (on their site, just like iplayer or Netflix) or your tablet (via their app) so if you have a way to run either of those through your tv you won't need an aerial
Will I be able to watch live if I just watch via the PC app?

If so I'll just connect my laptop to my TV through HDMI. Don't have an aerial unfortunately and indoor ones never seem to work.
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Yep, you can - that's what I plan to do.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

We're just under 40 days away from the premier and they're still slowly announcing deals with various territories. Being unfamiliar with how this stuff works, I feel like a lot of this should have been announced a while back, but who knows. We're still missing a lot of territories though which I hope get access prior to May 21. Some obvious ones missing are India, Mexico, pretty much any nation south of Mexico, African areas, a lot of Asia, etc. Someone on Reddit the other day was complaining that nothing has been announced about South Africa yet, which seems like a place that would have some kind of deal. Any ideas on these places?
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

LonelySoul wrote:We're just under 40 days away from the premier and they're still slowly announcing deals with various territories. Being unfamiliar with how this stuff works, I feel like a lot of this should have been announced a while back, but who knows. We're still missing a lot of territories though which I hope get access prior to May 21. Some obvious ones missing are India, Mexico, pretty much any nation south of Mexico, African areas, a lot of Asia, etc. Someone on Reddit the other day was complaining that nothing has been announced about South Africa yet, which seems like a place that would have some kind of deal. Any ideas on these places?
I have a feeling the show's mystery has not just been for viewers, but for everyone involved and this has probably delayed these deals a bit, besides for the big markets where channels like Sky Atlantic were happy to get on this early. I imagine the premiere (or similar) may have been shown to prospective buyers in certain territories.

I don't know exactly how this business is done, so correct me if i'm wrong, but I imagine a lot of it is by getting bids from companies they've dealt with previously and picking whichever is best if they've done it with more than one. It does look like Netflix and Amazon provide competition for this in certain markets. I'd be very surprised if neither of them try to get the airing rights for some emerging markets without a tv channel already.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Cosmote Tv in Greece. :D

Last edited by Panapaok on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Panapaok wrote:Cosmote Tv in Greece. :D
Do you have a link to a different video or a news source? The video claims it is unavailable for me. Perhaps that's a region thing.

EDIT: Nevermind. https://www.cbscorporation.com/2017/04/ ... osmote-tv/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Any news on France?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Someone just told me in Germany it will be Sky Atlantic not Sky1.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

there was a press release on 04/10, yes they changed again, it will be on Sky Atlantic now in Germany
http://info.sky.de/inhalt/de/95587015_m ... 042017.jsp

Preview will be on Sky Go & Sky Ticket (On Demand) 3.am on the 22nd
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Got a message via Reddit about Canada:
Canada: so far you only have Crave TV listed, which is a streaming service and presumably will not carry the show live. Canadians can watch the show live on The Movie Network, which is available to Videotron subscribers in a package with HBO and FX for $15/month. The new episodes are already listed on their schedule here: http://www.themovienetwork.ca/schedule#2017-5-21
Sounds like The Movie Network will have the live stuff and CraveTV might just have the streaming ability after the fact.