Watching Season 3 Around the World

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Maddy
Roadhouse Member

Re: Watching Season 3 Around the World

Post by Maddy »

phenomenal1 wrote:Is Twin Peaks going to be live on Now TV in England?
By the sounds of this thread, parts one and two will be made available but Idk if they're going to be live yet. As for parts 3 nd 4 who knows. when they will get here.. :?
The Angels will return...
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Yes, you can watch sky Atlantic live on now tv and the premiere is being shown on Sky Atlantic at 2am and again at 9pm. After the 9pm showing the episodes should also be on Catch Up, I believe. According to sky themselves, episodes 3 and 4 will only be watchable here when they're broadcast in the two weeks following the premiere.
heLL paso

Post by heLL paso »

Rudagger wrote:Anyone know if Crave in Canada is gonna have all four episodes on the 21st? Don't have twitter so I can't tweet em.
I've tweeted them a couple of times and they haven't replied to me. According to a press release from last week it's seems they're only releasing Parts 1 & 2 on the 21st (there was no mention of Parts 3 & 4). Even TMN has no mention of Parts 3 & 4 and they have Parts 1 & 2 airing on the 21st but they won't be available for On Demand until the 23rd.

Here's the link to CraveTV's press release: http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/may-20 ... -and-more/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

heLL paso wrote:
Rudagger wrote:Anyone know if Crave in Canada is gonna have all four episodes on the 21st? Don't have twitter so I can't tweet em.
I've tweeted them a couple of times and they haven't replied to me. According to a press release from last week it's seems they're only releasing Parts 1 & 2 on the 21st (there was no mention of Parts 3 & 4). Even TMN has no mention of Parts 3 & 4 and they have Parts 1 & 2 airing on the 21st but they won't be available for On Demand until the 23rd.

Here's the link to CraveTV's press release: http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/may-20 ... -and-more/

Canada seems to always get boned in some capacity, so, I'm not too surprised. I'll watch the first two episodes via Crave, but, I'm 100% finding 'other means' to watch 3/4, given that everyone else in the world will already be watching them.
heLL paso

Post by heLL paso »

Rudagger wrote:
heLL paso wrote:

Canada seems to always get boned in some capacity, so, I'm not too surprised. I'll watch the first two episodes via Crave, but, I'm 100% finding 'other means' to watch 3/4, given that everyone else in the world will already be watching them.
I honestly don't get why people are freaking out about whether a channel in their country is showing it or. It's nice to have the episodes immediately but, at worst, they will be available within 5 min after they air, if you have an internet connection. Waiting an hour or so isn't the end of the world. Parts 3 and 4 may take longer though, if it's only being shown online or on demand.

Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

heLL paso wrote:
Rudagger wrote:
heLL paso wrote:

I honestly don't get why people are freaking out about whether a channel in their country is showing it or. It's nice to have the episodes immediately but, at worst, they will be available within 5 min after they air, if you have an internet connection. Waiting an hour or so isn't the end of the world. Parts 3 and 4 may take longer though, if it's only being shown online or on demand.

I'm not prude about piracy, don't get me wrong. This is one show I wanted to make sure to find a way to legitimately support, but, I'm not going to lose my mind over it. I imagine that's the boat a lot of people are in.
mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Post by mujubuju »

I'm in Canada as well and I'm having a few close friends and fellow peaks fans over for the premiere night. I would 100 percent be down for the "alternative" options as well, however on the Atlantic coast that means it won't finish up until midnight. I tried CraveTV and the video quality was atrocious. Likewise of TMOGO. I have a 300 meg connection and youtube/netflix all look incredible for 4K streaming. Those two services, for whatever reason, look almost SD-quality on Crave and TMOGo. Tried on multiple devices and had the same issue.

So unfortunately I'm going to have to shell out the money and get another Fibreop receiver in the room where we'll be watching this, because it looks fine on the TMN on-demand through the set top box. I don't want o be at the mercy of some perceived network latency/ internet reachability issues on the 21st.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

Esselgee wrote:I noticed that Showtime just updated their Showtime Anytime app (iOS at least). It specifically says the update is to support Twin Peaks! I thought that was funny. Not sure what they needed to add just for TP.
That delights me in some obscure way. Maybe they're just reinforcing it somehow to deal with an expected surge of watchers at the premiere? Or, more likely, they had to add a patch to keep Black Lodge denizens from crawling through the screen into our reality.

A not-unrelated question: I just recently subscribed to Showtime streaming via my Apple TV, and I'm not clear on this - does the latest episode of a current series become available "on demand" as soon as it airs? Or does it only become available the next day? I think it's the latter based on language on Showtime's website, but the phrasing is a little obscure to me. I'm just wondering whether one can get home a little late and then just watch it at 10:00 or whenever.

Of course, another option for me would be staying up to watch it at midnight Eastern time via Showtime West. Not preferable, obviously.

EDIT: Sigh. Just found the answer myself right after posting: https://shodotcom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... available-
New episodes of the current season of a SHOWTIME Original Series are available the day after they premiere on SHOWTIME.
Not sure why I had trouble finding that. They say the brain goes first.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Eater of Iguanas wrote:
Esselgee wrote:Or, more likely, they had to add a patch to keep Black Lodge denizens from crawling through the screen into our reality.
I like the way you think.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

Snailhead wrote:
Eater of Iguanas wrote:
Esselgee wrote:Or, more likely, they had to add a patch to keep Black Lodge denizens from crawling through the screen into our reality.
I like the way you think.
Easy for you to say.
heLL paso

Post by heLL paso »

mujubuju wrote:I'm in Canada as well and I'm having a few close friends and fellow peaks fans over for the premiere night. I would 100 percent be down for the "alternative" options as well, however on the Atlantic coast that means it won't finish up until midnight. I tried CraveTV and the video quality was atrocious. Likewise of TMOGO. I have a 300 meg connection and youtube/netflix all look incredible for 4K streaming. Those two services, for whatever reason, look almost SD-quality on Crave and TMOGo. Tried on multiple devices and had the same issue.

So unfortunately I'm going to have to shell out the money and get another Fibreop receiver in the room where we'll be watching this, because it looks fine on the TMN on-demand through the set top box. I don't want o be at the mercy of some perceived network latency/ internet reachability issues on the 21st.
Do you have CraveTV on your FibreOP? Unlike Netflix on it, I don't even think it's streaming. It's just there, always in perfect quality, ala HBO/TMN On Demand. I can't stand the setup it has for Netflix. Complete nightmare and every time you start a video or rewind the quality sucks for a couple of sec. Mind you, it only takes a couple of sec to get back to perfect quality but it's super annoying cause I'm constantly rewinding shit.

counterpaul
RR Diner Member

Post by counterpaul »

Eater of Iguanas wrote:
Esselgee wrote:I noticed that Showtime just updated their Showtime Anytime app (iOS at least). It specifically says the update is to support Twin Peaks! I thought that was funny. Not sure what they needed to add just for TP.
That delights me in some obscure way. Maybe they're just reinforcing it somehow to deal with an expected surge of watchers at the premiere? Or, more likely, they had to add a patch to keep Black Lodge denizens from crawling through the screen into our reality.
I'm wondering if it's a sound thing? Lynch has high standards when it comes to sound. Whatever the reason, it is quite entertaining that a whole update is exclusively dedicated to Twin Peaks.
Esselgee wrote: A not-unrelated question: I just recently subscribed to Showtime streaming via my Apple TV, and I'm not clear on this - does the latest episode of a current series become available "on demand" as soon as it airs? Or does it only become available the next day? I think it's the latter based on language on Showtime's website, but the phrasing is a little obscure to me. I'm just wondering whether one can get home a little late and then just watch it at 10:00 or whenever.
I mentioned this in another thread, but I spoke with Showtime support and they said that if you've subscribed directly through Showtime.com (not a third party like a cable company or Amazon or Hulu) that new Parts will be available immediately as they air.

I'm on the West Coast and I tested this yesterday when the last two episodes of the show Guerrilla premiered at 9PM Central time. Right at 6PM my time, the new episodes were available on demand in my Roku Showtime app. I wouldn't think it would be different with Apple TV. Here's hoping!
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

OrsonWelles wrote:
MoondogJR wrote:
OrsonWelles wrote:Still trying to figure out how to watch new season in Belgium. BE TV seems like a French speaking channel? Wouldn't want to have to see it for the first time dubbed in French..
It was annonced yesterday it will be available on Telenet Play More.

I doubt that it will be dubbed on BEtv. So that's probably also an option. However, I don't think BEtv is available everywhere in Belgium.
Might get Telenet Play More, then.
I ordered Telenet Play More yesterday. Quite expensive... I noticed it will air at 4 in the morning of the 22nd. On BeTv however it airs at 3...
"Your log and I are on the same page."
speedbeatz
Roadhouse Member

Post by speedbeatz »

LonelySoul wrote:Looks like Japan is airing the series on WOWOW. http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/japans- ... 201986516/
I was looking into this a little more just now and I realized that, unlike most if not all other countries (but typical of Japan), the show isn't airing here even remotely simultaneously - there's not even a broadcast date announced yet beyond "Summer". I've figured out a way to watch, but I'm sure it's probably quite frustrating for Japanese fans.
OrsonWelles
Roadhouse Member

Post by OrsonWelles »

MoondogJR wrote:
OrsonWelles wrote:
MoondogJR wrote:
It was annonced yesterday it will be available on Telenet Play More.

I doubt that it will be dubbed on BEtv. So that's probably also an option. However, I don't think BEtv is available everywhere in Belgium.
Might get Telenet Play More, then.
I ordered Telenet Play More yesterday. Quite expensive... I noticed it will air at 4 in the morning of the 22nd. On BeTv however it airs at 3...
YEs, rather expensive. So only worthwhile if I start watching other series and films that are exclusively available on there. As for the early hour, I think I'd record it and watch it the 22nd in the evening anyway.