Watching Season 3 Around the World

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: Watching Season 3 Around the World

Post by Jasper »

UnderTheSycamores wrote:Alright so to clear up some confusion, if you're in the states the only way to get episodes 3&4 right after the premiere is if you have Showtime Anytime, in other words ordered through a cable provider, correct? The channel add ons (Hulu, amazon) will have them available the next day as I understand it. Pretty sure I saw someone say that they called amazon and Comcast and they confirmed as much. I'm on the hulu trial now but definitely don't want to wait the following day to see it all.
I've tried to do everything above board. I picked up Showtime via Verizon, which gives me access to Showtime Anytime. There will probably be no problem accessing 3&4 after 1&2, but if there is, well, I will nevertheless be seeing 3&4 that night, and that's really all there is to it. :lol:
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

bob_wooler wrote:Seems like HBO Nordic (Norway) has their very own deal. They will stream 1&2 the second the broadcast (1&2) in the US is finished, and then right after that, they let you stream 3&4. That should be part 1&2 at 5am and 3&4 at 7am (guess it's the same for FIN, SWE, DEN as well (different timezones maybe?).
Really?? Ok, that is definitly going to f''' up the start of the week for me. No way I can skip work on Monday. I'll have to go to bed early on Sunday (as if I'm going to get any sleep anyway) - get up 4.30 - watch episode 1&2 - go to work - watch episode 3&4 Monday night - then, not be able to sleep again probably.....
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

chalfont wrote:
bob_wooler wrote:Seems like HBO Nordic (Norway) has their very own deal. They will stream 1&2 the second the broadcast (1&2) in the US is finished, and then right after that, they let you stream 3&4. That should be part 1&2 at 5am and 3&4 at 7am (guess it's the same for FIN, SWE, DEN as well (different timezones maybe?).
Really?? Ok, that is definitly going to f''' up the start of the week for me. No way I can skip work on Monday. I'll have to go to bed early on Sunday (as if I'm going to get any sleep anyway) - get up 4.30 - watch episode 1&2 - go to work - watch episode 3&4 Monday night - then, not be able to sleep again probably.....

I got it from their reply on a comment from this FB-post (they won't give us a precise time, but I believe my assumptions are somewhere near accurate):

https://www.facebook.com/HBONorway/vide ... 8503754175
comeongethappy

Post by comeongethappy »

@SkyAtlantic on Twitter is communicating with Twin Peaks fans and seems to be working on getting episodes 3+4 available for Monday 22nd. Cross yer fingers.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

comeongethappy wrote:@SkyAtlantic on Twitter is communicating with Twin Peaks fans and seems to be working on getting episodes 3+4 available for Monday 22nd. Cross yer fingers.
That's very good news, hopefully they'll sort it out! I also saw that they confirmed that all episodes of the show will be simulcast throughout the season.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

comeongethappy wrote:@SkyAtlantic on Twitter is communicating with Twin Peaks fans and seems to be working on getting episodes 3+4 available for Monday 22nd. Cross yer fingers.
Yeah, I've been tweeting them on and off for a while and getting no response. Yesterday was the first time I started getting responses when a few of us ganged up on them. I think the point has been made that they are potentially going to irk the hardcore if they don't sort it out.

Hopefully get some positive news out of it at some point today.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Ooh, fingers crossed! I might actually have to stop pissing and moaning about this :wink:
TheMx

Post by TheMx »

TweetPeak wrote:it seems Sky in Germany will now put up all 4 Episodes on the 22nd.

(Sky Serien Facebook)
auch bei uns kannst du auf Sky on Demand ab 22. Mai direkt vier Folgen Twin Peaks in der englischsprachigen Version schauen. Am 25. Mai startet dann die deutsche Version mit Teil 1 auf Sky Atlantic HD. Gruß, Martina
Is this the same for Austria as well? I'd love to be able to watch everything on time (legally).

UPDATE REGARDING AUSTRIA:

I asked SkySerienAT on Facebook...

The parts will be available via Sky Go, Sky On Demand and Sky Ticket when they have been broadcast in the US.
That means only parts 1 & 2 will be available on May 22nd.
"I am 100% sure that we're not completely sure"
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

yes this is the same for Sweden too so almost certainly goes for Finland and Denmark too.. everyone who can access HBO Nordic.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

TheMx wrote:
TweetPeak wrote:it seems Sky in Germany will now put up all 4 Episodes on the 22nd.

(Sky Serien Facebook)
auch bei uns kannst du auf Sky on Demand ab 22. Mai direkt vier Folgen Twin Peaks in der englischsprachigen Version schauen. Am 25. Mai startet dann die deutsche Version mit Teil 1 auf Sky Atlantic HD. Gruß, Martina
Is this the same for Austria as well? I'd love to be able to watch everything on time (legally).

UPDATE REGARDING AUSTRIA:

I asked SkySerienAT on Facebook...

The parts will be available via Sky Go, Sky On Demand and Sky Ticket when they have been broadcast in the US.
That means only parts 1 & 2 will be available on May 22nd.
Servas & besten Dank für die Info!

Gruß aus Wien. :)
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

I'm ready. I'm finally ready. I've signed up to NOW TV so am ready to start watching!
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
flootures

Post by flootures »

When does the Showtime app generally update? Midnight?
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

genereally, if anything is on in Germany it is in Austria. Normally if they buy something
and put it on their channels, Sky has the same rights for Austria and Germany.

Dunno if this is also for stuff beign put "on demand" only (like Ep1-4 on 22nd after 3.am)
As you see even they did something else in the UK (Same Company, Sky).
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Just tweeted Sky atlantic to see if the simulcast will run ads - they said yes it should do. Still no news on episodes 3 & 4. I suspect we should get an answer to that before Sunday though.
speedbeatz
Roadhouse Member

Post by speedbeatz »

speedbeatz wrote:
LonelySoul wrote:Looks like Japan is airing the series on WOWOW. http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/japans- ... 201986516/
I was looking into this a little more just now and I realized that, unlike most if not all other countries (but typical of Japan), the show isn't airing here even remotely simultaneously - there's not even a broadcast date announced yet beyond "Summer". I've figured out a way to watch, but I'm sure it's probably quite frustrating for Japanese fans.
Again if anyone is curious, it was announced about a day ago that the show begins airing on July 22 here - a full two months behind everywhere else. It's certainly a far cry from FWWM being released in Japan before any other country.