Watching Season 3 Around the World

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Venus
RR Diner Member

Re: Watching Season 3 Around the World

Post by Venus »

Ped wrote:
Venus wrote:Does anyone in the UK know if it will be shown anywhere else other than Sky Atlantic? I don't have Sky and am having a bit of a panic about how I'm going to see it. Wish I could get it on Netflix or similar! :(
It should get shown on Now TV, Sky's no contract streaming only service. Check it out here:

http://www.nowtv.com/?referrer=nowtv&DC ... GwodkfILJw
Wow thankyou. If they screen it you may have just made me very happy and at this moment in my life, that is quite an achievement. Thank you :)
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I really think we've lucked out in Australia having it on Stan. I'm just annoyed I won't actually be in Australia for the premiere :-D
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

baxter wrote:I really think we've lucked out in Australia having it on Stan. I'm just annoyed I won't actually be in Australia for the premiere :-D
Stan's pretty good then? I've never used it (or similar), but I'll be making the dive soon... This is probably common knowledge for online streamers & what not, but are we liable to get a little sticky 'showtime' or 'stan' (or your local provider) in the corner of the screen while watching? I may employ a small strip of black masking tape if that's the case..
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Any news about Asian, South American or African regions yet?
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

LonelySoul wrote:Any news about Asian, South American or African regions yet?
In Brazil, the second season of "Billions" apparently will be licensed to Netflix, with weekly episodes. It's kinda strange because "Homeland" airs on FX and "Penny Dreadful" aired on HBO. But i'd bet on HBO or Netflix
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Dalai Cooper wrote:Does anyone know if there will be ad breaks in the sky broadcasts?
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Still no word about Belgium. I asked some networks recently, but couldn't give me a definite answer.

I remember someone conforming on this board that in Spain it will be aired by 'Movistar Series XTRA'.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
Fashion Suicide
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fashion Suicide »

Long time lurker here, first post.

First, i've really enjoyed lurking pretty much since the news of season 3 arrived, this has been the place to go when i needed my fix to expand my consciousness towards all things Twin Peaks. So THANK YOU!

And now, i'm not sure if anyone has any idea, but i live in Denmark and the show probably won't be shown here until after a year after the original airing or so, so if anyone has any information on sites that will stream it at the same time as the original Showtime airing that allows people from foreign country's to watch too, i would be so grateful to receive it! I, as many of you, have been in love with Twin Peaks ever since i watched it at around 15 years old, and the thought of it being out there for all of you guys to watch while i can't would just tear my heart apart. I realize it probably will be out as a torrent download, but even the slight possibility that it won't be for a day or two, or maybe even more since Twin Peaks fans are very ethical towards it (i suppose), is a nightmarish scenario to imagine. I myself respect this series so much that i would actually rather pay to watch, i wan't to support it as much as i can so it can do good and please everyone, even the money-worrying showtime people.

Anyway, basically just checking to see if anyone is in the same position and has any information on alternative viewing-platforms for us foreigners to america.

EDIT:

This was moved from the season 3 on showtime thread to here, but i can see that no one knows yet obviously. All one can do is to wait and see i suppose!
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Looks like Japan is airing the series on WOWOW. http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/japans- ... 201986516/
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I should caution that I haven't used Stan yet. I have used other streaming services though. My "lucky" comment refers to the fact that it wasn't snapped up by Fox. I guess SBS would be the real jackpot.

I can't imagine there is any label on the screen on Stan.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

They should rename WOWOW to WOWBOBWOW.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by TwinsPeak »

I hope this is helpful to all the people worried about being able to watch the new Twin Peaks in Canada. I recently called rogers cable to find out. If you pay for the TMN- The Movie Network you will get to watch the new Twin Peaks. It has on demand and if you bundle it with HBO its 19.95 per month....CraveTV also has showtime....hope this helps.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by marchug »

TwinsPeak wrote:I hope this is helpful to all the people worried about being able to watch the new Twin Peaks in Canada. I recently called rogers cable to find out. If you pay for the TMN- The Movie Network you will get to watch the new Twin Peaks. It has on demand and if you bundle it with HBO its 19.95 per month....CraveTV also has showtime....hope this helps.
Thanks! Didn't know about the TMN side of it!
-23-
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Yeah, as a Canadian I feel like they'll have us well covered. It just might not be obviously advertised at this point in time.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Dalai Cooper wrote:
Dalai Cooper wrote:Does anyone know if there will be ad breaks in the sky broadcasts?
I don't think we know yet. But I'm guessing yes. I watch a lot of shows on NOW TV and many shows which would have originally aired in US without ads (any premium cable show basically) have inserts (splash animation of the title or similar) included during the episode 2 or 3 times for a couple seconds before continuing the episode. I assume this is because on original airing they ran ads in those spots. I don't know if that means they'll run ads during a two hour premiere but I wouldn't put it passed them to do so, especially if hour 1 and 2 are clearly split and running ads between the two.